Part 11 : Finale

It hurts... it burns... and I don't know if I'm alive or dead...

As the two fell midst the air off the edge of the cut-off, Kano kept a firm hold till his body came in contact with water of the fountain, his head soon hitting the harsh flooring of it.

Kido moves away and surfaces, olive tresses sticking to her skin and clothing as well, as she coughs and looks around for Kano. Noticing his body resting beneath the water, she swims back under and pulls him up, leaving him to cough up some water as well.

"G-good..." said the concerned leader with a tremor in her voice.

Turning her gaze up where they had fallen from, she notices the bonies trying to get out all at once but soon were sniped down by Shintaro from a distance. "Finally... we have ev-" Kido was cut off by her gaze connecting with Kano's, suddenly leaning close and connecting their lips together.

It was either our of desperation or actual love, neither was sure.

Once the kiss had parted, Kano's eyes suddenly gained their human look to them again, the gold bright and pupils normal proportion.

"Whoa..."

Kido whispered under her breath with a smile, able to feel his heart pounding normally as she connects their lips again, arms snaking around his neck and his around her waist.

Gentle and timid, Kano returned the kiss just the same as he smiles into it, moving away to catch his breath - which he hadn't done in a long time - only to feel a sudden pain in his shoulder.

Looking down to see blood oozing from his body, and into the water below him, Shintaro having shot him around the area of his heart as he holds it but didn't react entirely.

That sent Kido into a rage as she moves out of the water with Kano, only to force herself to calm with a sigh. "He isn't dying but... let's get the injured home." Taking the gun away from shintaro, kido brings kano with her to get on the motorcycle.

"Hold on to me." The flustered leader whispered and Kano slid his arms around her torso, the others piled up in the van while they drove back to the hideout. After arriving back, injuries were treated and there was a celebration, but that soon ended since they had to direct the other undead with the help of other civilians.

Everything was going back to a normal pace.
Though it wasn't going to exactly be normal ever again.
Everyone knew that.
Yet they were all satisfied with the life they had, or was gaining back.

However the sight before Kano's eyes held a normality he missed, sipping his drink before Kido sat down beside him, taking his hand and intertwining their fingers. "You still don't remember everything? Don't you want to remember?"

Sipping his drink, Kano squeezes her hand with a soft smile. "It's better to start over with a clean slate rather than remembering the other times." It made sense after all.

We were all human to begin with and human they were going to remain.