Part 5 : Love

He could barely recall a thing.
All he knew was that Kano, his brother, bit him one day.

What day was that again?

The brunet male felt as if his body weighed like lead.

At least I don't feel pain anymore...

Well, considering he possessed an open wound in his shoulder, jumpsuit torn in that very spot, Seto only minded faintly since Mary always enjoyed relaxing in it to sleep.

Mary... she must be worried about me...

It was only natural that the creme-haired Medusa would be restless without him by her side. So many thoughts rushed within his mind, almost like a flicker of images before your death.

At the time, Seto was dragging his feet along the concrete of the city, a place in mind of where he wanted to go. He had to get back to Mary and the others. After all...he didn't want to make Mary cry again. Every time she cried over something he did, the brunet felt as if his heart was in tatters, but today he would make her smile.

He didn't know he was dead- well, undead.

Once he arrived at the hideout, Seto went to grab the doors handle, only for the structure to open. His body was met with a hard force as his body fell back on the ground, a barrel of a gun placed to his forehead. Turning his lifeless gaze onto the ravenet, Seto watched Shintaro tremble with tears welling up in the corners of his fearful optics.

"Shi..n...ta..ro..."

Seto barely managed to muster the courage to say, though the name was broken up in pieces as he went to pull the trigger.

"W-Wait!"

A timid voice squeaked out, a flash of white moving into Seto's field of vision as the small Medusa held her eyes tightly shut. "D-Don't hurt S-seto!" Mary said as her gaze connected with Shintaro's, the neet having nearly shot Mary but managed to stop himself before doing so.

"Mary... you understand he is--"

"I don't c-care! Seto is Seto..." She said as loud as she could, making Seto's heart pulsate before his hand firmly grasps her arm, making her flinch, causing him to release her almost immediately. Seto never wanted to hurt Mary. "M-Maybe there is a cur--"

"There is no cure." The ravenet interjected sternly, walking back inside to leave them to do whatever. Shintaro would keep an eye on Seto though, for Mary's safety.

A faint pressure on his arm, made Seto turn his gaze onto the struggling Medusa since she was trying to pull him inside the home. "nnh..."

"M..ary..." The male whispers quietly, standing up on his own before moving towards her, causing her to back up before hitting the couch and sinking to the floor. Seto followed by kneeling down, weakly dragging his cold, bloody fingers along her cheek. "Sa..fe...her..e..."

Thankfully it wasn't too complicated to talk to her.
Though the petrified look on her face hurt his heart.
Seto wondered if he could cry...nope, it wasn't happening.

"S-Seto, don't look so s-sad, okay?" Mary whispered as softly as one could, slipping her arms around his neck since she would trust him always. That alone made his heart beat up to five times before stopping yet again

What could be this feeling in his chest?
It was normal to him...nostalgic.
Was it possibly love?

Tears began to stream down his cheeks, heart pounding hard in his chest as he gasps in all the air he can. His skin retained its normal human tint, eyes gaining life back, as his heart began to pound in his chest. It shocked Mary as her wide pink optics focus on the living, breathing male before her. "Seto...?

He was alive again, somehow.
It had to be a miracle.
His shoulder sure enough hurt like hell.

"Seto!" Mary squeaked, hugging onto him tightly which made him wince in pain, exhaling shakily as he hugs her back with his good arm for now. "Be careful now, Mary. I'm injured here." From the way it looked, it would take a long while to heal but, it was worth every ounce of pain to be alive again somehow. 'Maybe we can turn Kano back. I have to notify Kido but, her phone is here...'

Looks like they would have to send another search party, but for Kido this time.