Part 3 : Too Slow

Kano possessed one friend in the distasteful airport, and he didn't even know his name. They would meet at the small bar area by the escalator to talk- well, grunt to another. Though they did manage some words occasionally as if they were still human.

At the moment, the blonde was sitting at said bar waiting for his so called 'friend', only to spot him making his way over.. Once the older male sat down beside him, they stared at one another for a solid minute before speaking.

The two exchanged their every day grunting with minimum English language, the mention of food and airport a normal topic.

A few hours did pass before a group of the undead were gathered to go out scouting for their meals; it had been awhile.

Normally in shows or books the undead are portrayed to be either fast or slow. Well, we were moving slow as hell.

Their feet dragged along like they were trying to firmly fixate to the concrete below, finally arriving to a medical shop where supplies were sold. Kano's eyes shifted towards the three figures there as his undead companions attacked them.

The glass shattered and crunched with each step on the concrete flooring, the yelling was immense and portrayed from that of fear, and the petrified look on Seto's determined face was clear. He couldn't believe what he was seeing as his undead friend tried to pull him away from the scene.

Kido...

It was her. She was there - flesh and blood - alive despite the simple fact she was upset; scared even. His friend left Kano be as Seto went to shoot the blond. His visage turned pale with optics wide as saucers, and the next words he whispered he should've expected.

"K-Kano...?"

If he faintly recalled, that was his name, but Kano could barely remember such a thing or these companions of his. He didn't hesitate to suddenly jump Seto and sink his teeth into his shoulder as the brunet cried out in pain. The dark maroon shade began to soak Seto's green jumpsuit as his screams echoed throughout the small building, a while Konoha had grabbed hold of a screaming kido who had then shot at Kano.

The sudden pressure overwhelming his side made Kano move back, Seto's limp body hitting the floor with a harsh thud as his gray-ish palm rests on the blood portion of his torso. Turning his dull gaze onto kido since konoha had run with Ene, he watches her tearful gaze shift to his own. "K-Kano..."

He kept trying to recall why she also called him such a thing, as he slowly stands and moves closer to her, gesturing for her to follow. "grff..." he grunts, only to grab her sleeve and slowly bring her with him. "N-no...Seto he..." Kano only continued to pull her with him, taking their time to walk to the flooded airport of the undead.

Kano wanted to take her to his new home, even if she didn't want to go, he wanted to bring her for his own reasons. He found her too interesting of a human to leave behind for food. "S-stay close..." the blond managed to say as they walked past the undead man who died scanning others for a job. He did it out of habit.

With Konoha's speed he would've already made it back to the base by now.

As the remainder of the flesh Kano had eaten only half an hour ago(since it took him that long to walk back), fell from his mouth, he felt kido cringe from holding her hand. "I-it's okay... now..."

Or really would it be?
Seto was dead for all they knew, and Kido would be stuck by Kano's side for some time now. The medical supply gathering plan had gone straight to hell.