Closure at Last

The ceremony was beautiful; Shuri will make an excellent Queen. She holds herself as equal to her people and does a great job of respecting tradition but still has a scientific mind. Her brother would be incredibly proud.

I approach the royal table and bow, "Queen Shuri"

She covers her eyes in embarrassment "Hey you stop that, please just call me Shuri, nothing changes except my title."

"Everything changed, you are one of the most powerful people on Earth. Accept that title, you earned it. Now, will the queen hug her friend?" She reaches in and we embrace each other," I am so proud of you, everyone is."

"Thank you, Millie"

We eventually break the hug and I look towards former Queen Romanda and bow, " Queen Mother I was wondering if you could lend me your knowledge on a personal matter.

"Of course child, what can I do for you?"

"Do you have any info on a woman named Ororo or the "walker of clouds"? I think she was a witch who could control the weather."

"Ahh the Windrider." she looks at me curiously "Why do you want to know about a former Queen of Wakanda"?

Queen?

Too stunned to speak I just stand there in confusion until Shuri speaks up, "Millie?"

"I'm sorry. I'm just a little shocked." I hold my hand out, "Permission to bring you both up to speed rather quickly?" I ask.

They nod and both touch my hand. I call it 'memory transference'; It only activates by physical touch. With this ability, I can share my memories directly without having to waste time explaining. They see everything from my beach dream, the voices, my initial encounter with Namor, and the small info about my possible mother.

"So that's how you know about our mutual fish friend," Shuri says,

The Vibe:

Queen Romanda looks at me stunned, "Ororo may be your mother? How can that be she disappeared more than 300 years ago."

"I'm older than I look, your majesty. Is there anything you can tell me about her? Anything. I've been searching for answers to my past for nearly 10 years now." I sigh," I have lost my way and I don't know who I am."

Romanda begins to speak, "Ororo daughter of N'dare, was the former Queen of Wakanda back in the 1600s. She hailed from a tribe of witches and priestesses who possessed knowledge of magic rituals. She is the ancestor of the Rain Queen and former Sorcerer Supreme, Ayesha of Balobedu. Ororo and her husband ruled peacefully until he, a former black panther, unfortunately, was lost in battle. Just as the legend says, she wept for days due to a broken heart and caused terrible storms for a week. Consumed in grief she started searching for ways to bring her love back," She pauses, " Unnatural ways that led her to the Darkhold"

What the fuck...

"She eventually disappeared without a trace."

Shuri speaks up, "She must have been pregnant with you, it's probably why she took it so hard."

"My sweet child," Romanda grabs my hand," If this is true, you belong here with us. Queen Ororo in some way has returned to us, the elders will be pleased."

"I need a shot.... or 5." I nervously laughed, "Thank you for your insight I appreciate it."

"Tomorrow please feel free to peruse the royal library. I may be mistaken but there may be some personal books and diaries there."