Death, Life, Repeat

The Vibe:

"ughhh" I scoff, "I think my period is coming" 

"Hold still," Wanda says as she prepares me for a protection and masking spell.

Charles told me about the Man in the black suit. I swore to myself that I'd never return to that place but I had to see it for myself.  Lo and behold, he was gone and I suspect he's been gone for a while; probably plotting, waiting for the perfect moment to take me out for real this time. 

"I feel like shit" I sigh

"It's your nerves" Wanda simply replies 

"Yea you're right" I agree, "You sure this will work?" I ask, "Not that I doubt your skill of course" I quickly add after seeing her signature glare

"It will work. It's what I used to fake my death and hide from Strange," Wanda says while painting sigils on my body, "The only way to nullify it, is to willingly show yourself to what or whom you're hiding from. There, all done." She says wiping her hands, "Have a seat" She says pointing to the floor.

I do as I am told and sit on my outdated shag rug from the 60s, Charles really changed nothing in here while I was gone. Wanda joins me on the floor; we now sit face to face, hands outward and resting on our knees. 

"Repeat after me," She says, "Absit a quo detestor. Utinam modo inveniatur cum expressit. 'Disappear me from whom I detest. May I be found when I've expressed.'" 

"Absit a quo detestor. Utinam modo inveniatur cum expressit." I repeat

Very quickly the sigils she painted on my body disappeared before my eyes; it made a sizzling sound as it faded from my skin, "Done?" I ask 

"Yes" Wanda Smiles, "Now go get dressed" 

Tonight is the night we celebrate our Marriage with our friends and family on the topside; Namor and I both agreed that this was the perfect time to lay Amun to rest, surrounded by loved ones.  

"I'll be in the courtyard with everybody else," Wanda says before hugging me, "Take all the time you need," she says before leaving my room and closing the door behind her

I decided to wear an old emerald silk gown I found hear in my closet. It has a deep v-line and slit along my leg.  I take a quick look in the mirror to make sure everything is okay and begin to head for the door

Just as I grab the handle I hear, "So that's it? You've given up?" 

"I knew you'd show," I say refusing to turn around

"You'll never get rid of me" alter me says smugly 

"I know." I agree, "and I'm not giving up, I'm moving on.  I'll never forget, which is why you'll never leave; but I sure as hell can make the best out of what I have." 

"Look at me," she says. I hesitate but eventually turn around, "Are you happy?" It was me of course but dressed in the same clothes as the day Amun died.

"I am" I pause, "Amun wants me to be happy, so I will" 

She nods her head, and I take that as a sign of being the end of our conversation and turn around to leave, "He'll be back," she says 

"I'll be waiting," I say before opening the door and closing it behind me. 

I make my way down the hall and exit out the double doors; Straight ahead I see the courtyard and begin to walk but stop dead in my tracks. I see all my friends waiting for me ahead but that's not what stops me.  There's a bed of flowers on the grass with a bundle of ceremonial white sheeting on top. It was Amuns bones wrapped and prepped for burial. Queen Mother, Ramonda, took over the preparation of the body and Wanda Made the bed of flowers; they are the only ones here who I'd trust with this as the gentle meticulousness it takes to do something like this can only come from a mother who has lost a child.