Royal Introductions

Exhausted, I lay there, eyes closed, not wanting to move. I'm this close to dozing off before Marc leans in and kisses my neck, "You should use the bathroom before you fall asleep."

"No"

"You could get a UTI."

"Nothing magic can't fix" Without opening my eyes I wave my hand around like a wand, "Goodbye, UTI "

He quietly chuckles, "You're a comedian you know that?" He scoops me up and takes me to the bathroom, "Don't expect me to wipe for you" He drops me down and closes the door behind me.

Once I was done, I wash my hands and look in the mirror. My makeup is a hot ass mess; too embarrassed, I decided to take a shower to wash away my mess. I hear a small knock on the door.

"Come in" I reply

"Hey love, mind if we join?" by the happy tone of his voice it was Steven.

"Yes on one condition. Can you wash my hair" I ask

"I've literally always wanted to do this" He laughs. Steven sneaks in behind me and begins to shampoo my hair. He thoroughly massaged my scalp and ran soap from my roots to the end of my hair.

This is so comforting.

I don't allow many people to touch my hair. Honestly, Aunt May and Bucky were the only ones to wash my hair before this. May's gone and Bucky checked out.

Ughhh I don't want to see him tomorrow

Refocusing on my anxious thoughts, I realize Steven is unusually quiet, "What's on your mind hun"

Steven hesitates

I turn around and rest my arms around his neck and look him in the eyes, "You can tell me" I smile.

"I used to wash Layla's hair like this." he sadly responds, "I'm sorry, probably don't want to hear about our ex right after sex" he nervously laughs.

Leaning my head on his chest I sigh, "I'm hung up on my ex too; no need to protect my feelings hun, we all went into this agreement with no intentions of a relationship. Just a couple of broken people with needs" I joke. "But seriously you can talk about anything with me. When was the last time you spoke with her?"

"A few months. The last time we spoke, we fought. She said she hated us and left."

"I seriously doubt she means that. She was very upset and probably felt outnumbered by you 3. Want my advice?"

"Always"

"Reach out and ask to talk. Listen to her, don't interrupt, just let her get it out. Remember, Listen to understand not Respond. Marc and Jake, I'm talking to you."

"They say they resent that" he laughs. "Thank you, Millie"

"Of course"

We eventually get out, dry off, and head to bed. They fall asleep first and I lay there in their arms lost in thought.

I really do hope they fix it with Layla. I would be lying if I said I don't feel anything for them; It would be nice to end up with them but it could never work; they age, and I don't. How am I to have a normal life when I can't even grow old with someone? I refuse to let myself love someone ill have to eventually bury. I did try with Bucky though, I even looked into giving up my immortality for him.

Wasn't enough I guess

I push those thoughts out of my head for now and allow myself to sleep.

------------

The boys gift me a t-shirt and a pair of their favorite sweats as a replacement for the dress Jake ripped.