Part 22

"Leo!" You chuckled as he pulled you across yet another tunnel. "Are we there yet?"

He stopped abruptly, looking up. Curiously you followed his gaze. It was just another concrete wall. You squinted as he nodded. Backed you up.

"Oh." There was a hole in the wall.

"Ready?" He lined you up, spreading his legs, interlacing his fingers.

"W-what?" Your laugh was uneasy as you looked around.

"C'mon." Shoulders flexed. "I'll lift you. You climb up."

"Uh.." You stepped forward, hand on his arm, foot finding hold in his fingers. "I won't hurt you?"

Leonardo turned his head to hide his smile. You saw it anyway.

"Alright, alright." You gripped his shoulders. And he lifted you, giving a little push as you held onto the leader, shoving you halfway in. "Jerk!" Your dangling feet kicked.

"I'm not minding the view." He taunted.

With a little effort you dragged yourself all tye way in, looking around. It was dark, but you could make out stuff. Turning you looked down to Leo.

"How're you-" He answered by running up the wall, smoothly landing beside you on his feet. You looked him up and down derisively. "No one likes a show off."

"Yes you do." His chest expanding suggestively.

Yes I do. You agreed, biting your lip. Dragging your gaze back up to Leonardo's knowing smirk. "Where are we anyway?" You changed the subject.

"This was my spot, growing up. Away from everyone else." He hit the switch for tye fairy lights against the wall.

"Wow." It was definitely a teenager's heaven. "Is it okay?"

Leonardo shrugged, nodding. "Wouldn't have brought you here if it wasn't."

You started walking around. Piles of comics on a milk crate table. An old bean bag and blankets. A pair of sneakers hanging off the wall. Books, old swords that were dull from time and use. Graffiti on the walls. You touched one that looked familiar.

"Did you do this?"

Leo nodded, watching you carefully. "It's a japanese kanji. It means family."

You hummed, moving on. Old pizza boxes, video cassettes and music tapes in a small box on top.

"What're these?" You held a tape up simply titled 'Mix 1'.

"Ah." Leonardo's rea tonight intrigued you. "So Mikey was really into becoming famous."

"Mmhmm." You encouraged.

"He had us all. You know." He motioned weakly, scratching tye back of his head.

"I do not know." You wiggled the tape in your hand. "Elaborate."

Leo surrounded you, taking the tape from your hand. "He wanted us to be something like a boy band." Large fingers grazed against yours as he snagged the tape from you. Tossing it back in the box.

But you weren't going to be distracted. "What?" Your grin was large and shit eating. "You guys made music?"

A hand ran over Leo's face. "Yes."

"You have to let me listen one day."

"I-"

You shoved a finger in Leo's face. "You have to!"

He sighed, watching you rummage through a pile of newspapers and magazines. "Fine."

"Good." You straightened, an odd feeling magazine in your hand. "Is this your jerk stash?" You looked at it, wiggled it.