Acceptance

Y/n's POV!!

The car ride home consisted of me napping and being passed around. I'll admit, I definitely liked the attention I was getting from my new owners, but I still didn't want to get too attached to them. Finally getting home, the tall, handsome man went to go make food for everyone. I stayed in the arm of box smile boy and let him carry me into the living room. As soon as the boy sat down, he got his phone out to play games. I watched with subtle interest as he played a what was called "Piano Tiles". Suddenly a pair of hands picks me up and sets me on the ground. I look up to see Sunshine and he gives me a smile.

I flick my tail, before going to his feet, curling up, and closing my eyes. I'll admit, I loved the warmth they offered me. I could hear the others gush over me quietly, it was something I wasn't really used to, but it made me feel... welcomed of some sort. I stood up, huffed, and shook my body, trying to get rid of the thought.

TIME SKIP

It's been a few days since I've been adopted by the seven boys. I finally learned their names and honestly, I can see how hard they are trying to get me to accept them, but also give me space. It's touching, but I'm still a little scared they will get rid of me. They have a room set up for me when I'm ready and even brought me with them to their work. They take me almost everywhere they go. I've also grown a little bit more, I look like an actual cub now and I can see how happy my owners are about it.

I was laying in the sun on the wooden floor of the kitchen until Jin walked in. Seeing me, he bent down and pet me before standing back up to cook. I love eating his food, I won't admit it, but I'm always excited when he cooks. I get up and start walking until, I saw Yoongi coming down the stairs. He turned and saw me and bent down, but didn't pick me up. Instead, he started to pet me. A purr escaped as he scratched behind my ears. I heard him chuckle and I quickly huffed and walked away, embarrassed.

I was laying under one of the dressers in the living room, unseen by my owners. I then saw Yoongi walk in with a smile.

"Why are you smiling, hyung?" Jimin asks.

"I got Y/n to purr," he say.

That traitor! How dare he tell them something so embarrassing. I hide my eyes behind my paws as I remember. Good job Y/n, that's a good way not to get attached. But, yet, I feel like I can trust them... they stuck up for me multiple times now. I guess it doesn't harm anything to give this a try. Besides, not everyone is the same, well, at least not these guys.

I try to get out from under the dresser when I notice I can't move. I start to panic and keep struggling to try and get out. I sigh before I decide to call for help.

Namjoon's POV!!

Yoongi was telling us how Y/n had purred before huffing and walking away, as if she was embarrassed. Jungkook, Taehyung, Hoseok, and I chuckled.

"Mew!"

We all stopped and I went to look under one of the dressers and saw Y/n looking at me. But there was something different this time, her eyes were pleading with me.

"Wah, she's stuck!" Taehyung says, and we all hurry up to pick up the dresser for her to crawl.

We set the dresser down and I pick Y/n up. I'm surprised when she buries her head into my chest and curls up. I pet her and watch as she falls asleep.

"I guess she finally decided to accept us." Hoseok marveled.

"I knew it would take some time. I'm just glad we finally got her trust." I say with a smile.

I sat back down as I looked down at Y/n, she nuzzled closer to me and I just smiled. We got a lot of rude remarks about her for being a lion hybrid and for being a runt, but she never seemed to let that bother her as much as it did us. Instead, I noticed she worried more about what we said. She tried to hide that fact, but I still caught on to it. She's like everyone else in this world, but more special. She just needs love and attention. She needs people who will always be by her side.

We all noticed how she became very clingy. She would never let us out of her sight when we were out of the house. She would walk closely to us, sometimes almost tripping us, or would lightly put her claws in our shirts when we went to put her down. We held onto those moments, because we all knew she would grow up soon.

I'm taken out of my thoughts when Jin calls us to eat. Y/n stirs awake and I silently chuckle when I see her tail move slightly. She jumps down and runs to the kitchen. I laugh as I get up from the couch to join the rest of my members.

3rd Person's POV!!

Y/n ran to the kitchen but slowed down before entering and followed Jin as he went back and forth, bringing the food to the table. Jin was happy to see her following him, even if it was because of his food, it made him feel special in a way. He had been so pleased when Y/n started to gain weight and started to grow. He liked to think that his food played an important part in it, and it did. Y/n was rarely fed when she was chained up, so the fact that Jin had her eat three meals a day helped her a lot.

After they all sat down to eat, Jin set a plate down for Y/n to eat. Y/n happily ate her food at the foot of the table where they said was now her spot at the table. Little did they know, that Y/n had cried happy tears that night because no one let her sit at the table like an equal. After eating, Y/n went to Jin and jumped into his lap as to say thank you.

"Yah, you see this! Y/n is more thankful for my cooking than you guys are." Jin says in a joking manner.