Chapter Fifteen

"THAT'S GOOD TO hear," Anna stated.

Elsa then glances away and takes a step to approach her sister. Her gait was so elegant a manner that it justifies her title as queen. Her cold fingers traced Anna's jawlines again, the latter was nearly startled. "But, Anna, there is something that I want to ask you of."

Stop it now! Don't you dare and hurt her again!

Shut it! she mentally demanded.

Anna doesn't have a good feeling about where their conversation is heading. Nevertheless, she had herself ready.

"What is it?" her voice nearly trailed off.

"You don't oppose my relationship with Kristoff, don't you?" Elsa softly inquired.

Anna nearly fell on her stance. She had herself ready but the pain had taken her aback.

Anna shook her head and furtively wipes away her tears. "No, of course not, if you're happy, then I'm happy."

"That's a very wonderful thing to hear from you, dear sister! But you know what makes me happier; warmth, human warmth, Anna. I still need human warmth, otherwise, how will my frozen heart survive?"

Anna's smile was quick to fade. "But why do you still need human warmth, Elsa? Is my love not warm enough for you?"

Elsa regretfully shook her head. "Anna... your love is not enough to thaw me."

Her words were piercing. But at that moment, Anna immediately realizes that she was speaking to Queen.

"Where's Elsa?"

Elsa pressed her lips. "What are talking about? Queen is not here, Anna."

"T-then why would you---"

"Because human warmth is the only thing that sustains me," she directly answered.

"But, Elsa, we just told the people that the killer is now apprehended for life. I-if you go out to kill again, they'd become suspicious of you once more," Anna reminded her.

But Elsa had other plans. "Didn't you promise that you'll be there for me?"

"O-of course, I did but---" she cuts her off.

"As long as you're with me I know I will be protected. I shan't worry. Your job will be very simple; just feed me a man for a week straight and I won't be consuming again for the next month."

"Wait, what?" she effusively exclaimed. Her words begin to stammer. Elsa chuckles in amusement.

"Yo-you want me to offer you, souls? E-Elsa, I-I can't do that! T-they're our people!"

Elsa's expression turned grave. "But if you won't do it you'll lose me. Do you want to lose me again, Anna?"

"You can't be serious, Elsa!"

"Oh, I am more than serious, Anna."

In the end, Anna's efforts never mattered; the outcome will always end up with Elsa consuming souls again. My love was never enough.

Elsa's cold voice broke their silence. "So, what do you say, Anna? Will you still stand by my side?"

MOST PEOPLE BELIEVE that Love is often the answer to most problems. They say that love can inarguably save someone or solve a person's biggest crises. It doesn't always have the right definition but it always fits in every circumstance that life could throw at a person. Humans strive to survive each day; some are barely even living the life given to them while some are more than enthusiastic to see another day. The concept of love has always been mysterious to most people, how it moves, how it affects people in some ways, and how it can change a person.

Anna believed that maybe by giving Elsa what she needed the most, which is love, she might be able to save her from committing more crimes like absorbing human souls. She gave up everything, even her love for Kristoff. And even until that very day, she continues to treasure the very little period that she thought they had something as they journeyed to rescue Elsa.

Seeing them together, laughing and holding each other in their arms still pains her. Sometimes she'd asked, "What did I do to suffer like this? What have I done to be thrashed by life?"

But then, the answer to those questions would always direct her to her love for Elsa. She might someday be known as the Princess of Martyrs. Living under the same roof with Elsa and Kristoff is arduous enough for her. But unfortunately, living without Elsa is much more insufferable.

"I thought that maybe if Elsa finally feels loved, she would change and that she would never kill anyone again. It's been three years and nothing still changed! I feel like the only thing that's changed is the attention I received from Kristoff. Lately, he's been so focused on Elsa that it nearly seemed like he's already forgotten our journey to the North Mountain together. Doesn't any of it matter to him anymore? I thought we were friends." Anna's been ranting her unsaid jealousy and anger to one of their most trusted servants in the castle.

Indeed, three years have passed. Time flew so quickly and it seemed like yesterday was just Elsa's coronation day. Perhaps, the winter outside played as a reminder to her.

Yes, the winter in Arendelle has been ongoing for three long years. Its consistency was quite astonishing but the people missed the bright sun too. Elsa never changed the weather saying that she also wants everyone to suffer from the coldness of being alone.

Though she ceased the intensity of the cold; the constant falling of snow at night brought quite inconvenience for the people every morning. Honestly, if clocks weren't a thing, they'd never have known what time was it every moment. Fortunately, the people aren't leaving them yet. Otherwise, that would pose as another problem for Anna.

"I understand your frustration, Your Highness," said Gerda, "but he's just a little bit overwhelmed, I believe. After all, this is their first time going out into the public eye."

Anna heaves out a sigh. "It just hurts so much. I mean, I really thought we had a thing. He acted like my knight. He shouldn't have done that. He put my hopes up. And I assumed too much. I guess I was also to blame in the first place."

|||

Voxciera