Chapter Nineteen

MORNING WAS YET to break when Elsa decided to wake up Anna from her deep slumber. Sure enough, the princess wasn't that arduous to rouse. She yawned, profusely glaring at her sister for apparently disturbing her wonderful sleep.

"What's wrong now? Are you hungry again?" That was the only purpose Elsa would trouble her sleep in the middle of the night.

"Did you consume them all in one night?" she yawned.

"That's not it. Something else actually happened."

It's like those words electrified Anna that her drowsiness left her body in haste.

"Wait, what happened? Do tell this instant."

Elsa softly chuckles before tracing Anna's jawlines again. It had the princess crease her forehead. "I couldn't sleep last night so, I decided to go down into the basement and consume another soul but then suddenly I heard a voice calling me."

Anna was quite taken aback by Elsa's straightforward answer. "Okay, I knew I was expecting that but wait, you suddenly heard a voice? What kind of voice?"

"I know it sounds incredulous but the voice whispered to my ears... and it's a woman. I have no idea who it is but I just know that it's calling out to me."

Anna has dealt with many unbelievable things over the past years but this one still surprises her. It seems like they are still bound to encounter a few more surreal things in the future. But what could this voice be? Could it be a friend or another enemy? While Anna was pondering, Elsa had already decided in her mind.

When she opened her mouth to speak, she was stopped by Anna who raised her palm before her face. "And you want us to follow this voice, don't you?"

Elsa pressed her lips. "It called me, Anna. I feel like it wants me to follow her and find her."

"And why would it want you to follow it? What if this is another form of sorcery cast by anyone to lure you out and kill you?"

"By whom? The duke is dead and he was never a sorcerer in the first place."

Anna averted her gaze and heaves out a sigh. She might actually find something good in finding this voice. Giving in to Elsa's demands is her only option. She needed to play as a puppet to her villainous sister.

"Fine. What do you want to do?"

The queen was pleased with her answer. She knew she'd give in, eventually. "I want to follow that voice."

"But start where, Elsa? We don't even know where that voice comes from."

"I do. I sensed something when it called me for the first time. And if I hear it again the second time, I might just know where to go."

Anna is still skeptical about the idea. Where will they even start looking? In the basement? Because that's where she first heard it. And this uneasy feeling she's been having since Elsa told her about the voice only keeps rising.

What will the end be of this new journey they are going to take? Will this bring them another batch of changes in their lives? Her last adventure with Kristoff only brought her misery and brokenness; such are the consequences of falling in love with a man who's already in love with someone else.

Anna could only hope that something good will happen out of all this.

The sisters went forth into the mountains to ask the trolls a favor to watch over their kingdom whilst they are gone. Grand Pabbie opposed at first but when Anna spoke, he was finally convinced.

"Were you close to the trolls after they saved you?" Elsa suddenly asked. They are now waiting outside the castle gates for Kristoff.

Anna shrugged. "I don't know. I guess maybe because they knew more about me than mother and father do."

The horse's whine from a distance alerted them. Elsa's beam hinted how impressed she was when Kristoff arrived with a small wagon tied behind his noble steed.

"You picked up a wagon for us?" Elsa warmly embraced her fiancée, forcing Anna to turn away as she secretly wipes her tears.

"I'm sorry it's not royally expensive but I just want my queen to travel more comfortably," Kristoff replied, cheeks flushing red.

"It's more than enough." Elsa kisses him on the lips, deliberately creating a smacking sound for Anna to hear.

The three shortly mounted on the wagon.

"Into the unknown we go."

KRISTOFF MANEUVERS THE wagon while Elsa comfortably sits beside him, leaning on his broad shoulders. Anna on the other hand sits uncomfortably at the back. Her eyes would nearly fall out of their sockets with her consistent eye-rolls.

Fortunately, Anna didn't have to endure the misery for long when the voice Elsa heard came again but this time, it wasn't a whisper anymore. It sounded now more like an echo from a very far distance to which Elsa knew which direction.

"Kristoff, stop. I heard the voice again." Elsa immediately dismounted after the wagon stopped.

"You know, you really need to tell me everything about this voice and why only you can hear it," Kristoff remarked.

Anna rolled her eyes for the last time. "That's because she's the only one being called, Kristoff."

"Even so, I want to know if this voice can be trusted."

"Are you underestimating my sister's power? You think she can't handle herself?" Anna exclaims in disbelief.

"What are you talking about? I just don't want her to be in danger again."

"Well, we have the same thoughts. But don't underestimate her."

Kristoff's forehead creased in confusion. Ever since his confession about his relationship with Elsa, he and Anna never had a formal closure. And every time he tries to speak to her she's always in her rude manners.

"Stop it, you two," Elsa placated them both. "Nothing bad is going to happen. I assure you that whoever is calling me is good."

"Do you know where we're going, Elsa?" Anna inquires. They've been walking for nearly ten minutes in an open desolate place.

"Elsa, look!" Kristoff pointed to the protruding black but thick mist behind a huge rock mountain.

Elsa and Kristoff ran off toward it with Anna left to be stunned. She held her chest, her heart was racing again. A painful but wicked smile plasters on her lips.

"I guess this is it."

|||

Voxciera