Chapter Fourteen

TO EASE THEIR confusion, Princess Anna narrated her fabricated story; she revealed this in a way so convincing that everyone believed her. She narrated it as follows:

The Duke of Weselton was forbidden to meet his son, Prince Hans, as per order by his ex-wife. He was desperate to have his son back but to make this happen he must make himself richer than the king.

In doing so he'll need a kingdom of his own--- by taking Arendelle.

So, he practiced sorcery. He'd visit Arendelle every night and kill innocent people in a frostbitten way. He poisoned the king and queen's mind and made them think that it was Elsa because of her gift. But Elsa never harmed anyone. Everything has been the duke's doing. And his sorcery is what brought Arendelle the unfortunate events. Elsa inadvertently released the winter out of fear by the duke's accusation.

"Prince Hans was accidentally killed by the duke. And as punishment for his crimes he'll serve a lifetime imprisonment in Arendelle. The Southern Isles has already been informed of the prince's unfortunate fate."

Anna closed her convincing story. They all believed her lies. Of course, she's been doing that for quite some time now. It wasn't that difficult for her.

"Everything's been taken care of," Anna informs Elsa as they share together a dinner for the first time in forever.

The princess was grinning nearly the entire time. She couldn't contain the happiness inside of her, seeing Elsa sitting in front of her makes her world more than happy. She could have never wanted for more. But alas, these kinds of endeavors don't always endure for long. This is still far from being okay.

On the other hand, Elsa feels quite a bit different sitting in the actual dining room. For years she's gotten herself used to eating in her secluded room alone. Things are beginning to change, Elsa. I hope you won't regret this.

And she mentally replied: Anna is our sister, Queen. Just let me handle this.

Please stop this now.

Anna takes notice of the trembling hands of her sister as she partakes in her meal. It pains her to see that Elsa was not yet ready to step out into the open. Was there something lacking that she neglected to pay attention to?

"Elsa," she softly calls her attention. The composed queen gently lays down her utensils before meeting her eyes. Anna smiled. "Are you feeling okay about this setup?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean if you're okay to eat with me out here in the open." She averted her gaze. "I know that you've spent many years alone in your room. You may have somehow gotten used to it and I just thought that maybe it was insensitive of me to suddenly bring you out like this without considering what you might feel or if you even wanted to be here with me."

"Stop," Elsa blurted out. She smiled and reaches for Anna's hand on the table. "Let us speak inside my room."

"Wait, what? Y-you're room?"

She nodded. "You've never been to my room, right?"

"No."

Anna's heartbeat was deafening her ears, like a loud drum banging directly inside her eardrums. Every step takes them closer and closer to Elsa's room. When they finally arrived, Anna felt a sense of familiarity, a nostalgic sensation of rejection. Elsa pushed open the door, darkness dominates the room. As Elsa advances in one step, light emitted from the sole of her foot and rapidly spread all over every corner of the room.

Everything was made of flawless ice, and every single piece of furniture was morphed by Elsa's power. She's quite the artistic one with all the fancy aesthetic designs she used on them.

"Whoa, Elsa, your room is very beautiful." Anna stood in astonishment. She heard the door closed and when she turned back to face Elsa, her appearance transformed into her monstrous image again.

"You said you're not afraid of me," Elsa quickly stated when Anna was near to stagger back.

"N-no." She recomposed herself. "No, I'm not afraid of you, Elsa. It's just that I haven't gotten so used to that look of yours."

She thinly smiled. "I'm sorry to hear that. But we'll be together from now on, you'll get used to it sooner."

"T-that'd be wonderful."

"I want to tell you something, so be attentive." Anna nodded. "You implied earlier that maybe I wasn't ready to go out yet. Well, you are wrong." Her grin turned wicked.

"It's not that I'm afraid to go out... but I'm actually more than afraid of not being able to go out. My soul is relentless in seeking freedom, Anna. No matter how much our parents try and restrain me, they never succeeded, not even once. Not even when they used gloves against me to conceal my powers, it didn't matter much since I only froze the gloves almost immediately after contact. You should have seen the fear crawling on their faces the night I tried to kill you. You could've died but somehow, for some unknown reason, you survived. I'd say that the trolls did an excellent job saving you."

Anna was speechless. She tried to kill me once? And to whom am I speaking to now? Has Queen come out again?

But that revelation was new to her. Is this why their parents locked Elsa in, because she might try and kill her one day again? But why didn't she remember anything of such incident? Did the trolls do something to erase her memory and make her forget?

Despite the shock, Anna strived to grasp a few words and spoke, "Y-you've tried to kill me once?"

"It was not entirely me. It was Queen's doing. B-but of course I wouldn't allow her to touch you again. I've got her under control now. So, you have nothing to worry about."

Lies! You're lying! Tell her the truth, you liar!

|||

Voxciera