Chapter Two

Savannah was used to waking up with the sunlight entering the room through the opened curtains. However, now that she wasn't alone in her bedroom anymore she had to close the curtains, because not everyone enjoyed waking up with the sun hitting their face at 6am and Penelope was probably one of those people.

Savannah didn't wake up with Penelope getting back to the dorm last night, so she had no idea at what time her roommate arrived. When Savannah woke up she was still sleeping, so the redhead tried to be as silent as possible as she gathered her things and walked outside to have a quick morning shower. It wasn't really as if she had to be too careful, because Pen seemed to have a heavy sleep and was still snoring when Savannah closed the room's door.

The redhead hated the idea of having a shower in what was basically a public bathroom for the next few years, and missed her much more private bathroom at home, but she hoped she would get used to it. Since it was still too early for most college folks, she had the bathroom for herself anyway so it wasn't too awkward. She showered, washed her teeth and combed and blow dried her long straight hair. She got back to the dorm and quickly and silently got dressed in a dark red skater dress and an opened checked red and black flannel shirt over it, put on her country boots and picked her purse with her phone and wallet before leaving the dorm.

As she walked outside the building, she checked her phone and saw a message from Romeo: Morning gorgeous! I'm almost there. I'll bring breakfast! Savannah smiled at the message and put the phone back in her purse as she made her way to the entrance of the campus.

Savannah never thought she would be so in love so early in her life. She expected to get married and have kids, but she thought she would only find someone after graduating and getting a job. She never expected to have a love like Romeo, so out of a romance novel it was ridiculous. Their relationship evolved so quickly, everything was so intense. They went from hate, to friendship, to love, all in two months. She always thought love took more time than that, and that quick love or love at first sight was something that only existed in movies and books, but the truth was she was head over heels for Romeo. Maybe it was because they basically spent the whole day together, living at the same house and doing the same chores during the day. She didn't really care, what mattered was what they were together, which was really lucky. When she applied for that university she didn't even know about Romeo's existence, it was such a coincidence she got in a college that happened to be located in the city Romeo lived at. She couldn't be happier.

She didn't have to wait long for Romeo to get there. He was dressed in all black, wearing black jeans, a black t-shirt and black vans, and was holding a paper bag with what was probably their breakfast.

They kissed good-morning and Romeo handed Savannah a cup filled with latte and a donut. "First thing about living in the city, you've got to be used to eating breakfast on the way." He pointed out.

Savannah was used to enjoying breakfast calmly in her dining room while talking with her father, but she nodded and took a bite of the donut. "At least you have good donuts." She responded with a smile, making Romeo smile back as he ate his own breakfast.

"I could have brought my car or my motorcycle, but I wanted you to get used to walking around the city, public transportations and all that." Romeo told her after a sip of his black coffee. "You can walk or catch the bus or the subway. Those are the best ways. Cabs are too expensive. I mean, you can always call an uber, but..." He looked at his girlfriend's expression at his mention of an 'uber', completely oblivious to their existence, and shook his head. "Bus or subway. You'll probably end up using the subway more. I personally find them a lot more convenient, as they don't get stuck in traffic. There are many stops throughout the city and there's a car passing basically every five to ten minutes. We should go and make you a subway pass, that way you pay monthly and don't have to bother paying every time you use one." Romeo explained. Savannah listened quietly and attentively to her boyfriend's wise words and nodded at the end. "You have one subway stop two minutes away from the campus' entrance, which is great. We're almost there."