22. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓶

Vayu threw his clothes into a bag, which was open on the bed. Tanish's eyes moved with him as he was sitting on the window sill. Vayu tried to ignore him for a while but stopped by his bag and stuffed his hands into pocket of his jeans before watching Tanish.

"What do you want now?" He asked. Tanish shrugged. "We won't be seeing each other much after tomorrow," He said.

Vayu nodded. "So what? You are trying to take as much as you could from this moment?" He asked. Tanish laughed while shaking his head as he looked out of the window.

"Anyway, as we aren't meeting each other after today or tomorrow... Let's clear a few things so we can live in peace," Tanish said and watched him back.

"I'm already in peace, brother," Vayu said. "Maybe, but I want some clarifications," He said. Vayu scratched his beard but nodded.

"I'm not answerable to you... I know what you are going to ask, and I don't understand your obsession with the same topic," He said. Tanish scoffed.

"It's indirectly related to me as well," He said. Vayu chuckled sarcastically as he faced him now.

"I wonder how you manage to connect everything with yourself... The world doesn't revolve around you, Tanish," He said through gritted teeth.

"Who are you fooling, Vayu? Do you want me to believe that you went ahead to befriend Kiana just because you liked her?" He asked while raising his voice a little because of irritation.

"Keep your voice low. I won't take this shit from you," Vayu said calmly, but his eyes held fury that was directed towards Tanish. He chuckled while nodding a bit.

"No matter how desperately you try to hide. The truth will come out sooner or later," Tanish said ahead but laughed by the end.

"But Vayu..." He said again. Vayu gritted his teeth as he kept watching him with murderous eyes. "You didn't ask me the reason as to why I stole your girl before," Tanish said dramatically.

"Because I hated the fact that you got everything so easily. You always thought of yourself as someone superior that it annoyed me. You provoked me by saying I could come nowhere close to you even if I'm reborn. Remember how you humiliated me?" Tanish asked as anger flashed on his face. It changed its colours to something no one had seen before. Vayu didn't flitch even once. He kept watching him the same way with a plain face as if he weren't affected.

"I never humiliated you. It's all in your head," He said calmly. Tanish laughed.

"Really?" He asked. Vayu nodded.

"I just asked you to pay more attention to your study and work than me. You have always been obsessed over getting ahead of me, isn't it?" Vayu asked and added, "I know you never liked me, but what I never understood is why you were so adamant in getting ahead of me."

"Because I wanted to take away your arrogance and prove it to you that you aren't that great," Tanish said. Vayu chuckled as he took one hand off his pocket and moved it below his lips.

"You never needed to worry about me. The thing that you still stayed far behind me is because you paid too much attention to going ahead of me than focusing on yourself," Vayu said. Tanish gritted his jaw tightly.

"I never meant to offend you, Tanish, but I just wanted to tell you to get out of my way. You were annoying as well," He said. Tanish looked away in frustration.

"For once, I wanted to prove to you that you can't have everything you wanted. That's why I made her like me even when I wasn't interested in her. We fooled for some time and then parted ways," Tanish said ahead. Vayu nodded.