7. 𝓜𝔂 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷

Kiana rolled on her stomach and typed into her laptop fast

Kiana rolled on her stomach and typed into her laptop fast. A mug of coffee rested on the bedside table. Sam was sleeping peacefully after finding his comfort on the bed. She had dimmed the lights so it won't be a discomfort to him but now her eyes were poking. She took off the glasses and rubbed them a few times before blinking them.

Before her was a glass door that opened to a balcony. Her room directly faced the sea and even when the darkness that came along with the sound of waves crashing on the rock, she felt a different satisfaction. She took a deep breath and thought of facing her fears because now she knew no one was hiding in that dark. She chuckled at that thought.

She would take her mother or sister to even travel from the living room to her bedroom after the lights were switched off. The darkness has always scared her the most. Now while touring around the world she always has kept the lights on. Her fear decreased ever since Sam came but dark and sea combination is something that still terrified her. A moon shone into the sky along with a few stars. Light wind kept brushing her when she stood by the glass door and looked around.

The lights were shining from everywhere which made her heart relax. "It's alright. I can sleep well. There are people around and no one would eat me for sure," She muttered. Just when a knock on the door made her jump on her place.

A sequel almost left her mouth which she suppressed by pressing her palm against her mouth. "Shit," She breathed heavily and walked towards the door. Her eyebrows furrowed as she checked the timing in her mobile. It was past midnight.

"Whose this?" She asked in unsurety and looked at Sam who was unbothered. "Wow, that's my protector," She muttered while watching

"Vayu."

That name took her with surprise but there was no doubt about it. She could recognise that voice well. She moved closer and opened the door as she peeked through the gap with a frown.

He tilted his head and smiled at her. "I came here to say sorry about what he said," He said calmly. She stood straight and opened the door further.

"You don't have to say sorry to me for anything... I don't think you said or did anything wrong. Besides I didn't think you could say those golden words," She said while adding a bit of sarcasm towards the end. He chuckled and nodded slightly.

"I don't blame you for thinking that way... But I felt I owed you some sort of explanation. It didn't feel right to leave that way," He said while taking her off-guard. She furrowed her eyebrows further as she kept watching him.

"What do you mean?" She asked. He shrugged. "I mean what he said was right... I didn't stay in touch for some time. Not with Raghav or him but I was fighting my own shit. But it's not always necessary for me to take the first step, isn't it? Couldn't he do it? Raghav did... I know that doesn't mean I was right in doing so... But it's just what I feel," He said.