14. 𝓐𝓬𝓬𝓮𝓹𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓯𝓮𝓪𝓻

Her meeting went on for a couple of hours and Vayu used that time to bond with Sam even more. They got along better than anyone expected. When Kiana came out of the cafeteria by lunchtime, they both were settled in the back of the car with the door wide open as they ate some snacks together.

"Seriously?" Kiana asked while stopping before them. Vayu shrugged. "We were tired of playing in the sun," He said.

"Playing?" She asked. He nodded. "Yeah, I tried teaching him a few volleyball moves. He is a quick learner," He said.

She frowned. "You did what?" She asked in disbelief. "Yeah I do that with my pals so thought of including him in my team as well," He said with a wink.

"Just him?" She asked teasingly. A smirk formed on his lips as he got up from his place. "I would be happiest to teach you anything," He said and pressed his lips to contain his teasing smile. She laughed while pushing him gently and walked past him to Sam.

"Where to now?" She asked. He stuffed his hands into his trousers and walked closer to her. "Where do you want to go?" He asked. She put on a thoughtful face.

"Hmm..."

"Kayaking?" She asked. He smiled while nodding.

"What?" She asked. "I'm glad our interests match at least in this," He said.

"I have already enquired about it. Let's head there," He said while moving past her. "Vayu," She called when he was walking to the driver's seat.

"Thank you for taking care of Sam," She said. "I guess it's more like he has given me company so don't mind," He said.

She smiled wholeheartedly. "Also, can I drive?" She asked.

"All yours," He said as he closed the driver's side door and walked to the passenger's seat. Kiana smiled happily and rushed behind the steering.

She started the engine, moved the hand brake, pulled the gear, and pressed the accelerator as she put the car on the road. GPS was active yet Vayu kept looking at the map they had. Kiana said she has always preferred to keep a map with her so if the network ditches you somewhere, you'll still wouldn't get lost.

"So your family is in Delhi?" Vayu asked. She raised her eyebrows at his interest in her life but didn't mind it.

"In Chandigarh..." She said.

"So you are from Punjab?" He asked. "Yup... I was born there. I was there till 4th standard and then moved to Delhi when my parents thought of expanding the business. Right now as everything is settled they decide to move back to Chandigarh. My sister stays in Delhi though. Anshu and her family asked her to shift with them but apparently, she wants to be independent," She said.

"That's better, I guess," He said. She nodded. "Hmm..."

"What does she do?" He asked. "The last time I checked she graduated and then she was searching for a job," She said.

He narrowed his eyes. "So you don't stay in touch?" He asked. She shrugged. "Though I would knock off anyone who even lays a finger on her, we aren't that close to talk to each other daily," She said.

"I get to know about her from Ma... But we call each other once on the full moon," She said. "Well my sisters would go mad if I did that, especially Veda," He said with a chuckle.

She smiled. "You must be close to her," She asked. He nodded. "Yes, since childhood she would be with me. I mean those are twins and they are loud, trust me... So it would be hard for Mom to look after both. Vihana would stay with our parents the most while Veda would follow me for some reason," he said.