28. 𝓟𝓾𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓸𝓷

Raghav griped his hands together as nervousness kept filling him. He let out a few deep breaths to calm his mind, but nothing was helping. Anshika was in front of him and kept giving him assuring looks, but that wasn't enough today. Her parent's gaze was fixed on him as they got stuck on one question.

What was his future?

"I have signed a label, and soon enough, I'll be starting to work on my new album," He said confidently, but somewhere, it was lacking.

"An artist's career is always unsafe no matter where he stands in the industry. Even the topmost artist can experience a fall, and here we don't even have an established career," Anshika's father said to which her mother agreed.

"That's true. We thought Anshu would choose a doctor or some man with a secure career. We thought she was wiser than this," She added.

"I have a secure job, Ma. Isn't it enough? You have made me self efficient , so why do I need a man to secure my career?" She asked. Her parents exchanged unpleasant gazes with one another before looking at her.

"Are you going to handle all responsibilities alone?" Her mother asked. Anshika sighed as she watched Raghav.

"I'm pretty sure he won't shrug off those responsibilities, and he is trying," She said. Her parents chuckled lightly. "Trying? Even after all those years?" Her father demanded.

Raghav looked down while not understanding how to put his side. What Anshika's father was saying was right. He was struggling for too long, but only he knew how much he had worked hard all the while. He didn't take breaks. He didn't celebrate like others. He was wandering from one label or another to present his work. He performed everywhere he found opportunity, and he released his music on free platforms. Yet today, he hasn't come a long way. He didn't understand until how long he was supposed to struggle. Was he meant to stay this way forever? If so, then what was the point of anything?

"I understand your views, Sir. If it was for my daughter or sister, I would have thought the same way," He said, and let out a deep breath to calm his nervous heart again.

"But I'm a bit selfish here. I love Anshika, and I'm willing to do everything I could for her," He said and took a brief pause.

"I'm not sure if I'm made for music or not, but it's my life. I can't leave either. I don't know if you'll ever accept me, but I'll be my best version for her. I have always worked hard, and I'm ready to double the efforts now. I'll pour my heart and soul. I don't know if I'll succeed, but I'll keep doing everything I could," He said and looked down at his hands.

"All of us three love Anshu the same, and we all want the best for her. I'll try not to be a disappointment. Just give me one chance to prove myself," he said. Raghav smiled at Anshika, who gave him a smile of assurance in return.

Her father sighed and watched her mother, who was in doubt. "What about your parents?" Her mother asked instead.

"They keep travelling. I barely see them, but I guess they have always been there for me if I needed them," he said.

"But yes, I have one brother who is a bit adamant, but he has always been there for me that I never needed my parents. He handled me well, and he supported me in my worst. He always cheered for me, and he has always cared for me the most. He is the reason I never thought of giving up on my dreams and even today, I thought about what he said and refused to surrender to that thought in my mind which kept asking to change my decision. As long as he is there, as long as Anshu is there, I will keep fighting," He said with a smile.

"So you don't care if she suffers because of you?" Anshika's mother asked. "I promise you that she won't suffer ever. I care for her, and I love her. I won't do that to her," He said.