20. 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾

One of the most popular hides for bird watching in the park is Mankwe Hide. The dam attracts many water birds such as blacksmith lapwings, grey, black-headed and Goliath herons, pied kingfishers, malachite kingfishers, great white egrets, Egyptian geese and white-faced whistling ducks to name a few. Also, the African fish eagle can be seen perching high above overlooking the dam.

Anshika, Raghav, Vayu, and Kiana, along with Sam, sat on the ground after finding a secure place. Tanish had already left for Johannesburg, where they were supposed to go tomorrow morning. The last stop in their trip for now.

They would be going back to their respective destinations in the next three days. "Can we talk at least now?" Raghav asked while watching Anshika. Vayu and Kiana kept looking around as if they didn't hear anything.

Anshika sighed and got up from her seat as she walked away. "Is that a yes?" Raghav whispered to Kiana. She glared at him. "Didn't you understand her in all these years? Do you even deserve to be with her?" She asked. He frowned and got up speedily.

"You can just answer the question," He muttered. Kiana rolled her eyes as he rushed after Anshika.

Anshika walked a few distances away when Raghav caught up with her while jogging. "Before you start, I want to say something," He said. She stayed quiet while walking slowly.

"Umm... I... Look, Anshika, my family... I mean, it's a bit of a complicated thing there, and I don't know how to handle this if... If you know your parents ask me," He started nervously.

She stopped at one spot as she looked around, but her attention was on him and his words. "I mean... It's no doubt that I'm committed to you. My career has never been a problem," He said while gathering the courage as the nervousness was subsiding now.

"I know you'll support me. You have always been my biggest motivation. I remember once you asked me why I chose you. I didn't know the answer to be honest, so I blabbered anything which came to my mind," he said and chuckled lightly.

"You said you found me beautiful, and you loved how dedicated I was towards my work," She reminded him of his exact words. He nodded.

"That too, but I guess I felt the warmth I never felt back at home. Though I know my parents love me as Vayu always says but something was missing... I still don't understand what I was searching for, but meeting you, I felt complete," he said as he watched her.

"I don't want to lose you because of my stupidity or fear of facing my problems... I guess... Well, I should have said this, but sadly, my rude and arrogant friend said that you'll understand me, and I totally agree with him," He said. She smiled.

"It's surprising that your arrogant friend is turning out to be nice and reliable," She said as he chuckled while nodding.

"I guess..." He said and took a deep breath as he watched ahead. "My parents never went along. But they didn't separate either. They never objected to my dreams, as I told you before. They were always supportive of me, but Anshi..."

"I... I don't like the way they live. I mean, of course, Vayu and Tanish say they are humans before my parents, but I always felt humiliated..." He said and chuckled as he took a brief pause.

"I have seen them with their girlfriends or boyfriends. I got introduced to them, too. The neighbourhood I lived in whispered about them behind my back. The boys I used to play with would hear nonsense from their parents and make fun of me. I felt horrible," He said while looking down at the ground now. He clenched his fists and let out a deep sigh.

"I guess they stayed together for me, but they also destroyed me. Vayu and his family were always there. His parents, his grandparents, and his sisters always welcomed me with wide open arms," He said and smiled gently. Anshika smiled along as she watched him share his fond memories.