Passion Fruit Marshmallows

Ingredients

1 cup cornstarch

1 cup powdered sugar

3 envelopes (21.6 g) unflavored gelatin

1 cup ice water, divided

1½ cups sugar

¾ cup light corn syrup

3 tbsp honey

1 tbsp Amoretti® Blue Agave Nectar Clear

¼ tsp kosher salt

2 tsp Amoretti® Passion Fruit Extract O.S.

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT

8” square pan

Directions

Spray pan, including sides, with nonstick spray and set aside.

Sift together cornstarch and powdered sugar.

Dust powdered sugar/cornstarch mix into the pan and tilt it to make sure the entire pan is coated, including sides. You can also line the pan with foil or parchment, leaving some for overlap, in order to remove the marshmallows from the pan with ease.

Sprinkle gelatin over ½ cup water in the bowl of mixer with whisk attachment. Let bloom while you prepare the syrup.

In a saucepan, cook sugar, remaining ½ cup water, corn syrup, honey, Blue Agave Nectar and salt on medium heat to 240°F.

Remove from heat and let the bubbles settle for a minute or two.

Begin mixing the bloomed gelatin on low to break it up.

With mixer still on low, slowly add the hot syrup to the gelatin. Increase the speed to medium and whip 5-7 minutes until stiff and glossy but still warm.

Add Passion Fruit Extract and whip just to combine.

Spray a spatula with nonstick spray and quickly scoop the mix into the parchment-lined or greased and coated pan.

Wet fingers with water to smooth by hand, if desired.

Dust the top of the mix with more powdered sugar/cornstarch and let marshmallows rest in a cool place at least 4 hours or overnight.

Dust a cutting surface heavily with some of the powdered sugar/cornstarch mix.

If you are using a pan without the parchment or foil, use a rubber spatula to gently loosen sides and then remove marshmallow square from pan and place on cutting surface.

Lightly spray some oil on a knife and dust with the powdered sugar/cornstarch mix before cutting individual marshmallows.

Toss marshmallows in powdered sugar/cornstarch mix to coat.

TIPS:

For mini marshmallows, pipe “ropes” of warm marshmallow onto a greased and coated sheet pan, dust and, when ready, cut small pieces off each “rope” and toss with powdered sugar/cornstarch to coat.