Marshmallow Millionaire's Short Bread

Ingredients

Shortbread Crust

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature

1/4 cup granulated sugar 

1 Egg Yolk

1 Tsp. Amoretti® Marshmallow Extract (W.S)

1 pinch of salt

Caramel

7 Oz or 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk

1/4 cup unsalted butter cut into small pieces 

1/2 cup dark brown sugar

 2 Tbsp. corn syrup 

1/2 Tbsp. Amoretti® Natural Vanilla Bean Artisan Flavor

Chocolate Ganache

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1/3 cup heavy cream 

Optional Garnish: dehydrated marshmallows and flakey Sea Salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Keep aside.

Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl using a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Drop in the egg yolk and mix to combine.

Add the marshmallow extract and mix well. 

Add the flour and a pinch of salt and bring the dough together. Do not knead.

Drop the dough into the prepped baking dish and press into the bottom to form an even layer. Smooth it out by pressing with a piece of parchment paper or your fingers.

Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes and you have a slightly golden color on top. Take it out and cool it on the counter.

While the base bakes, make the caramel. In a saucepan, drop in all the ingredients, placing it over medium heat and keep whisking until everything is melted and bubbling. Stop once it starts coming off the sides of the pan.

Pour onto the shortbread base and chill it in the fridge for half an hour.

Melt the chocolate with the cream in the microwave in 20 second blasts until it is smooth and flowy. Pour it over the set caramel. (Can top with a sprinkle of flakey sea salt at this point.) Leave it to solidify at room temperature until done or in the fridge for an hour. 

Take it out, slice it up and serve! Enjoy.

Optional: You can garnish each slice with a drizzle of melted chocolate and a sprinkle of mini dehydrated marshmallows!