Marshmallow Cake with Caramel Frosting Marshmallow Cake with Caramel Frosting

Menu

View cart

September 9, 2022

Marshmallow Cake with Caramel Frosting

As we head into the cozy months of Fall, try out these amazing Natural Artisan Flavors (Toasted Marshmallow, Crema Di Caramel and Vanilla Bean Artisan) in a layered cake and get mind blown at how wonderfully they pair with each other! It's a baker's dream for sure!

Ingredients

Cake:

¾ cup Butter (softened, at room temp)

1 Cup Light Brown Sugar

3 large Eggs

1-2 Tbsp. Amoretti® Natural Toasted Marshmallow Artisan

1 ½ cups Cake flour or All-Purpose Flour

1/2 tsp Salt

1 Tsp Baking Powder

¼ cup Buttermilk

For Butterscotch sauce:

Butter: 1/4 cup

Brown Sugar (light or dark): 3/4 cup

Heavy Cream: 1/2 cup

Salt: 1/4 tsp

1 Tbsp. Amoretti® Natural Vanilla Bean Artisan

Caramel Cream Frosting:

1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream

1/3 cup Powdered Sugar

1-2 Tbsp. Amoretti® Natural Crema Di Caramel Artisan 

Topping (Optional)

Amoretti® Crema Di Caramel Syrup for drizzle

Directions:

Cake:

In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and the light brown sugar until creamy, light and fluffy. 

Drop in the eggs one at a time and mix to combine.

Add the Toasted Marshmallow Artisan flavor and mix. 

In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.

Alternate the dry ingredients with the buttermilk and mix it into the batter in batches.

Transfer the batter to an 8 x 8 inch square pan or pan of choice that can hold the similar quantity and bake in the preheated oven at 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. 

Cool the cake on the counter and prepare the butterscotch sauce and the frosting in the time being.

Butterscotch Sauce:

For the sauce, melt all the ingredients in a saucepan and take it off the heat when it starts to bubble and thicken. Cool down in the fridge until ready to use.

Caramel Cream Frosting:

In a bowl, cream together the whipped cream with the powdered sugar until you get stiff peaks.

Fold in the Caramel Artisan and gently mix to combine. Transfer to a piping bag and keep it ready for assembly.

Assembly:

Divide the square cake in two and slice through the middle of each part, so that you have four different layers. (P.S: you can also trim the sides of the cake to make it neater before dividing it up.)

Place one layer of the sponge on a cake board or platter and pipe a layer of frosting. Drizzle a layer of butterscotch syrup on top and sprinkle butterscotch chips over it. (optional). Seal with a layer of frosting. 

Place another layer of cake sponge on top and repeat the process. Keep layering until you have three or four layers assembled (according to preference).

Pipe the frosting on all sides of the cake and smooth it out. Chill in the fridge for a couple of minutes and then frost the top of the cake with the leftover frosting in any design of your choice using a piping tip.

Chill again for 15-20 minutes in the fridge before slice and serving.

Serving Tip: Drizzle each slice with a bit of Amoretti® Crema Di Caramel Syrup or the left over butterscotch syrup while serving!