Chapter 1: Winter Break Is Here

Time has passed, and one night, Briar and the others are sleeping in their bedroom. And soon enough, Briar is starting to have another dream. Briar soon opens her eyes and looks around to notice that it's night time to where she is.

Briar looks around and says, "Wow. The night looks beautiful, but I have to wonder where I'm at right now."

Briar soon begins to walk and feels something under her feet.

"It feels so dry..." Briar says to herself.

Briar kneels down and lifts the stuff from the ground and they fall off her hand.

"This... this is sand.... Am I in some kind of desert?" Briar wonders.

Suddenly, Briar hears around and turns her head to see a man riding on a horse. Then another man arrives, but is shorter and his clothes seem old and worn.

The man says, "You... are late."

The short man says, "A thousand apologies, O patient one. But I got it!"

Then the man says, "Trust me, my pungent friend. You'll get what's coming to you."

Whatever it was, the taller man takes what looks like two halves of some golden scarab beetle. He then places the two halves together, and it begins to glow and becomes one. Then the golden scarab beetle flies off into the desert.

The man shouts, "Quickly! Follow the train!"

The two men get on their horses and across the desert.

Soon enough, the scenes change and the scarab splits in half and each piece is placed on different sides of the sand dune to look like eyes. And then the sand dune rises from the sand and transforms into a large head of a tiger.

Soon, two men appear in front of the cave. Briar quickly recognizes the tall man is another Great Seven from the Statue, and the short man is revealed to be named Gazeem. On Jafar's shoulder is a red macaw parrot, who is named Iago.

Jafar says in astonishment, "At last, after all my years of searching... The Cave of Wonders."

"Awk! Cave of Wonders!" Iago squawks.

Jafar says to Gazeem, "Now, remember - bring me the lamp!"

Gazeem then begins to approach the cave.

Suddenly, the Cave of Wonders begins to move.

The cave says, "Who disturbs my slumber?"

Briar gasps in surprise to see the Cave has suddenly begun to move.

Soon enough, Briar's dream disappears before he can see more of what happened.

The next day, Briar soon begins to wake up and feels more sleepy.

Briar yawns and says, "My dreams are getting weirder and weirder. Now I'm dreaming of the desert. And this Cave of Wonders..."

Briar then gets out of bed, gets dressed, and walks down the stairs. Grim and the others join soon after, and notice the sleep Briar still has in her eyes.

Soon, Patrick appears in front of her and asks, "Hey, Briar.. Why so bleary-eyed?

"You look like you've seen a ghost. Heh heh heh," Albert says, appearing soon after.

Then John appears and says, "Today's the last day of the fall semester. Look sharp and don't bungle the landing."

"Oh yeah, tomorrow's the first day of the winter holiday. Have you two decided what you'll be doing?" Patrick says.

"Huh? What's a win-ter holly-day?" Grim asks.

Patrick explains, "It's when school lets out for the season. Most students go home to celebrate the new year with their family. They have fancy dinners, too."