Chapter 33: A Scathing Retort

After being thrown across the hall, everyone crashes to the ground, they let out a groan as they are barely able to sit up. Briar however, has been knocked out cold.

Jamil maniacally laughs, "That's taken care of you."

The group who has fallen, struggle and barely able to sit up to see Jamil floating up to them.

"I... I can barely move," Jasper says.

"That really hurts," Tanzanite says.

"We... we have to get Jamil to come to his senses," Kalim says, feeling the pain in his body.

"You think your petty magic is enough to defeat me. I am more powerful than you can imagine," Jamil says.

Just then, he sends his snake-like hair towards the group, causing them to panic in shock. Only then slither towards the unconscious Briar, coils her arms, legs and waist and pulls her to Jamil.

"Briar!" Sereia cries out.

"I will be keeping this little princess here," Jamil says.

"Let her go, Jamil!" Kalim cries out.

"Yeah. Release me henchman right now!" Grim demands.

"She's not your henchman and you know it!" Jasper sternly says.

"Never mind that," Tanzanite says.

Then calls out to Jamil, "Jamil, you need to come to your senses, and let briar go!"

However, Jamil evilly smirks and says, ""I have no need for an incompetant king or a con artist. Your personality flaws give me ADEQUATE cause... To send you packing on a one-way trip to the ends of the earth!" And screams as he cast his magic, "WHOOPEEEEE!"

Before anyone can react, Jamil uses his magic to levitate them in the air, and sends them flying.

Everyone screams, "AAAAAAAAAAAH!" as they are sent flying out of the Dorm.

Jamil shouts and laughs, "SO LONG! MWA HA HA HA HA! Ex-Housewarden Kalim! HYAAAH HA HA HA HA HA!"

He then turns to Briar who is still unconscious.

Jamil places his hand under her chin and gently tilts her head so he can look at her.

"Come now little princess, we have to make some arrangements for this dorm," Jamil says.

Jamil then walks away with Briar still unconscious and restrained in its coils.

Meanwhile, amidst the clouds, everyone continues screaming, "AAAAAAAH!" as they are sent flying across the landscape of the dorm

Moments later, at the edge of the desert of the Scarabia Dorm landscape, everyone crashes to the sandy ground. Everyone grunts and groans after the crash landing

Grim says in pain, "Owww... I really can't catch a break around here."

"That... really hurts, but at least we're alive," Tanzanite says.

"Just barely," Sereia says.

"He knocked us into next week and then some," Jasper says.

Trinket is able to get her head out of the sand and cough some out of her mouth.

Azul looks over the horizon of the desert, "It would seem he flung us quite some distance."

Floyd begins to shiver, "Brrr! It's seriously cold here. It's like we're under the ice floes.

Meanwhile, Jade shakes Kalim, "Kalim? Kalim, are you all right? Please, speak to me."

Kalim soon begins to regain consciousness, "Rgh... Urgh... Where am I?

"Good. You're awake. I believe we're at the edge of the dimension that contains Scarabia Dorm," Jade says, relieved.

Then Azul says, "Grim is a ball of fur, and we merfolk have some innate cold resistance, but... I fear Kalim and the others will not last long in this cold."

"We don't have any brooms, or carpets to fly out on. What does that leave us for options?" Jade says.

Then Floyd adds, "It'll be a slog, but walkin's our only way back."

"We spent quite a while in flight before we landed. It would take hours—possibly days—to trudge back on foot," Azul says.

Then turns to Floyd, "...And I can't take another minute of you with that voice, Floyd. I'm tearing up the contract and annulling it. Back to your old voice."

"Awww, but I liked being all baritone," Floyd says with his arms crossed and has a disappointed look on his face.

Soon, Azul tears up Floyd's contract, causing Floyd's magic to be returned to him, and his voice to be returned to normal.

Floyd checks his voice, "Mm, ah, aaah."

And says, "Yup, all back to normal."

"I'm impressed you're okay with making a contract with Azul and lending him your signature spell as 'collateral,' if I do say so myself. I'd worry about him inventing excuses to hold onto it indefinitely... So I'd never make a contract with him, personally," Jade says.

Floyd smiles and says, "Yeah, I wouldn't put that past him. But I didn't care about gettin' my magic back all that much to start with. If I got tired of the voice, I could just change the terms to somethin' else."

"I'm standing right here, for the record,"Azul says with a frown on his face.

"Forget about Floyd's voice and magic! Aren't you forgetting that Jamil has Briar held prisoner in the dorm!" Jasper says angrily and upset.

"He's right. We need to get back to the dorm and rescue Briar!" Sereia says.

"Yeah. Who knows what Jamil might do to her. He could have hypnotized her and turned her into his zombie minions or something," Grim says.

"Jamil may have overblotted and have thrown us across the edge of the desert, but there is a possibility that he wouldn't harm her," Jade says.

"I hope you're right. Either way, we need to get back to the dorm, stop Jamil, and rescue Briar," Tanzanite says.

Suddenly, Tanzanite and the others begin to hear sniffling and sobbing, and turn to see Kalim in tears. Sereia, and the dwarf twins, including Trinket, are saddened to see Kalim like this, probably because the one person he trusted and considered his best friend is the one who ends up hurting him.

In tears, Kalim says, "Jamil... I trusted you..."

"You cryin', little Sea Otter? Your tears are gonna freeze over, y'know," Floyd replies.

But Kalim doesn't care and continues to cry, "It's all my fault... I drove Jamil to the brink without even realizing it. The real Jamil would never do such things! He's a good guy. He's always helping me, giving me a shoulder to lean on, and—"

Jasper crosses his arms with a frown and says, "Well, a 'good guy' wouldn't knock his friend into another area code. Also, isn't that attitude right there what drove him to the brink?

"What...?" Kalim asks, shocked.

What Jasper says, has caught everyone off guard.