Umm... No

Nolan was acting really weird. You would think that our places were switched. I was finding it hard to stomach that a serious senior like Nolan would want to have a "fake date to deter Edith." This hierarchy was getting to my head and the stereotypes kept on presenting themselves. Homecoming was in two weeks anyway. Nolan was really planning ahead. 

He repeatedly made pleading eyes at me so I could accept his offer. In the course of 24 hours, our director- student relationship took a very different turn. He actually thought we were on friendly terms. 

I tried to eye Germain but she was too busy hunching over in her makeshift sheet costume being the Ghost. Today was the day Claudius and Gertrude were actually going to practice the blocking for their dialogue. It was supposed to be blocked with Gertrude combing her hair at her vanity and Claudius trying to solve problems with her seductively. On top of it all, Edith and Isaac were helping out with blocking today. Our scenes involved their characters.

"Umm...ok," Edith thought aloud in her cold voice, "I want Gertrude here...yes...and Claudius your hand on her shoulder...right, Isaac?"

This was very uncomfortable for me. However, acting was acting.

Isaac added to the situation, "What's your name Claudius? Jacob, yes. Play with her hair. Remember your character quickly married the charming Gertrude after he killed his brother, her husband. You obviously like this lady."

Nolan was fidgeting extremely uncomfortably. He looked as if he was going to barge in with his two-sense but he was holding himself. It was necessary blocking for the characters. Why was he so uncomfortable about it? I assumed he didn't like the way the other directors were blocking the scene of his characters. 

"Ok, you know what? I don't think it should happen this way. This is the freshman class," he parted the two of us.

Edith questioned, "What's going on Nolan?"

"Just...I don't like the blocking of this scene. I think that Jacob and Juliette are uncomfortable. Let's change it. These are my characters anyways."

Jacob seemed like he was perfectly fine with it. I wasn't too fond of the idea but I wasn't about to compromise delivering the true essence of this scene.

"I'm totally alright doing this scene with this blocking. I think Jacob does too. Let's continue, Issac and Edith," I said glancing over to Nolan.

He looked pretty agitated.

"I would like to schedule private lessons with you, Juliette," Nolan stated.

"I don't believe today will work, Nolan. I'm afraid I have far too much creative writing work to do today after school. Maybe Thursday..."

To be honest, I didn't have anything to do after school but gush about all the latest happenings to Germaine. I had made the blue-eyed brunette senior of some other girl's dreams angry. I had told Nolan I was too busy for his private lesson because I had homework from a class he had just suggested I drop. It felt great! I felt as if i was making social progress.

"What in the name of..." Germaine reacted the same way I had.

Then she did something I would never do which was squeal.

"Playing hard to get, are you!"

"Umm...no. I just really don't see how any sort of relationship could happen between me and Nolan. And, I bring to your attention once again, it was a proposal simply to ditch Edith. You can't tell anyone, okay?"

Germaine made a gesture implying that her lips were sealed.

She then said in a perfect British accent, "Not a word will be heard of this."

I groaned saying, "No! British accents remind me of..."

"Nolan!" she completed my sentence for me. She then proceeded in her accent, "I tell you! You are utterly smitten."

"Ok. I am not!" I retorted truly annoyed.

I wasn't smitten. I really wasn't. 

Author's Note: So... What do you feel about what Nolan just did in this chapter? How do you think he is mustering this familiarity? Leave a comment with your thoughts and don't forget to vote.