Chap 3, Wish You Were A Stranger

Xavier Pov
also ty for the reads again 🫶
this chapter reminds me of Dead to me by Kali Uchis and Eventually by Tame Impala tbh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was already at the park, Wednesday didn't respond to my message, she never does anyway but I still hope she didnt turn me down.

Even though its harshly time to talk about feelings, well this all is about feelings but the first time i layed my eyes on her, i got butterflies in my stomach, sounds corny but she has that affect on me, somehow.

I also didnt have the emotion bandwidth to argue with wednesday right now either, her anger would undo me. probably throw me off even more, i knew she hated me but when its someone you've been crushing on since last year, it hits different.

It was 8:00 AM, I was on my phone, not paying much attention to the strangers around me or the living plants,

I looked up for a second, and I saw wednesday, im surprised she came. I thought shed ditch me, i kind of deserved that, although i didnt even kiss Natalie,

I was wearing a purple jacket, a black shirt underneath, and sweatpants. Almost matching Wednesday with her outfit, her normal attire. all black.

She sat down in front of me, "Surprised you came." I grinned, almost getting lost into her dark brown eyes, "me to." Wednesday said with no emotion displayed,

a few seconds of excruciating awkward silence, Wednesday didnt seem like she cared. I decided to break the silence "Look, im sorry about what you walked in on, can i make it up to you?"

"Its fine. your status between you and Natalie has the least of my care." Ouch. I didnt expect something nice but Wednesday still made it seem like she hated my guts,

My phone buzzed suddenly, wednesday kept looking at me as i took my phone out of my right pocket, I got a message from Natalie.

I never wanted to talk to her again, she annoyed the hell out of me and i didnt want to say it to her face just yet, "Xavier, sorry about kissing you, but you wanna go to the fest with me?"

She couldnt get a hint could she? she's obsessive and its creepy. kind of ironic coming from me.

"What is it?" Wednesday asked, I didnt know she cared all of a sudden? i didnt want to say that or else she'll just argue.

"Natalie, she asked me to the fest."
I replied, putting my phone back into my pocket, I didnt reply to Natalie, I dont know if she can notice but i dont want to speak to her. shes stubborn and cocky.

(switching to wednesdays pov)

When I arrived at first i wanted to ask Xavier about kissing Natalie, It hadnt pressed.

why did i ask him what the message was? Since when do i care what he was up to? i needed someone to knock sense into me.

Natalie asked him to the fest, did he say yes? he didnt clarrify? "Tyler asked me to the fest to." I answered, jesus christ what did i just say? No he didnt. Why was i lying now?

"Let me guess, you said yes?" He responded, his face turned less into a grin, fading. "Why do you care about it?" I showed no expression in my tone, i delivered it blankly still looking in his eyes,