Three Weeks Later

You and Thranduil had returned to Mirkwood, and you were settling in with your new role as queen.

Your army was awaiting for your word to move out, but things had been quiet and you weren't sure when you should send them.

"What troubles you, My Queen?" Thranduil asked, wrapping his arms around you.

"It's to quiet out there. If we were to be attacked from Mordor then we would have seen something by now. Right?" You asked, questioning your own leadership skills.

"I agree, it is quiet, but you are making the right call by having your army stand down for the time being. We still don't know what's lurking out there and going in blind would certainly mean our deaths." Thranduil said softly, kissing your neck, trying desperately to ease your mind. "Come to bed with me." Thranduil tried to pull you from the window, but you wouldn't budge.

Your mind was racing to fast to relax. You hadn't been at ease since returning to Mirkwood.

"Have you heard word from Legolas?" You asked, ignoring his previous statement.

"Nothing." Thranduil said, stiffening at his son's name.

You sighed, he hasn't been heard from in quite some time.

"Do you regret marrying me?" Thranduil asked, catching you by surprise.

"No, why?" You asked, turning to face him.

"We haven't shared a bed since our return and the only time we speak is when we are discussing the best tactics for war." He said, his cheeks burning red.

"I'm sorry, I've been really distracted with this. My mind won't stop racing. I feel like it was a mistake agreeing to lead an army, but I don't regret marrying you." You placed your hand softly on his cheek and leaned up to kiss him.

The sudden brush of his lips on yours seemed to ease your mind greatly and for a second you forgot about everything.

"Please come to bed with me. The world will still be there when you get back." he spoke softly, but his eyes were filled with need.

"Okay." you whispered, smiling softly at him.

He took your hand and lead you to the bed, picking you up gently and kissing you. He laid you on the bed, running his hands down your body, and with a quick action, he had completely removed your dress, causing you to let out a soft giggle.

"What's so funny?" He mumbled, between kisses.

"Nothing, I just missed this." You smiled at him again, wrapping your arms around him and pulling him against you.