3. You wear your best apology

Chapter 3, and Sebastian is starting to notice YAY!

x

You nursed your glass of rose, knowing how emotional you got whenever you drank alcohol. You didn't have the privacy or the time for the wine to unravel you. So you sat curled up in a ball in one of the accent chairs in the living room, watching as Sebastian continued to look at his girlfriend with the same look you had been giving him for the last 12 months.

"He looks so in love," You whispered, running your finger along the rim of your wine glass. It was an observation that killed you, but you couldn't ignore it. There was a glimmer in his eye every time he watched Alejandra do something, even if it was the most mundane task. His voice was much more confident with her around, and you couldn't deny that.

"He's in lust," Anthony whispered, watching you as you tortured yourself, watching Sebastian carelessly flirt with his girlfriend. Anthony could hear the waver in your voice every time you spoke, he could see the tears in your eyes, but he also knew there was nothing he could do. Sebastian would have to figure this out independently because Anthony knew he couldn't help break you.

"He never looked at me like that," You could feel the tightness in your throat as you spoke. You were barely holding it together, but when you noticed Sebastian pressing a kiss to Alejandra's lips, you knew, "I don't know if I can do this." Your words were barely audible to those around you, but Anthony heard them. Within seconds you were on your feet and on your way to your room. You couldn't spend tonight with them as much as you knew that was what Sebastian wanted.

The longer you sat in the living room, the more suffocated you became. "Where are you going?" You didn't notice that Anthony had followed you to your room, so you couldn't help but jump nearly 10 feet in the air when he spoke.

You weighed your options, looking at Anthony, unsure if you could trust him. "Zendaya and Jacob asked me to join them for some drinks tonight. After watching them together, I am taking them up on their offer," You knew this wasn't the plan - it was supposed to be You, Sebastian and Anthony spending this Christmas together, but with the sudden addition of Alejandra, you couldn't be here. "I'll be back, I promise." Without another word, you turned around and locked out your other co-star.

Anthony couldn't help the anger that was coming over him, but he didn't get a chance to say anything because he could feel the presence of someone else in the hallway. "Jacob?" The confusion in Sebastian's voice felt victorious to Anthony.

"Yeah, Zendaya's co-star on Euphoria," Anthony clarified, taking in the sour face that Sebastian had suddenly begun to wear - all thanks to the mention of Jacob Elordi.

"I didn't know that (Y/n) knew any of Zendaya's co-stars outside of Tom," The annoyance in Sebastian's voice was rich as he fought with himself to keep his voice low, completely aware of the other woman sitting in the living room. The only person Anthony cared about was you, and right now, that meant riling Sebastian up, even if it meant a perfectly innocent person getting caught in the crossfire.

"Zendaya's been trying to convince (Y/n) to audition for a role on Euphoria - maybe she hopes with Jacob's apparent charms, he'll win her over," it was an innocent statement. Still, Anthony could already tell that a seed had been planted. Walking back to the living room, Anthony forced himself to converse with Sebastian's girlfriend. A host that he knew you couldn't be.

Sebastian fought with himself not to knock on your door, desperate to know who this guy was. Once your bedroom door opened again, Sebastian realized he was too late.

You were dressed in a red sequined bodycon dress that hugged your curves in all the right places. The dress was shorter than what you would usually wear, and it made you feel like a whore, honestly, because it left nearly nothing to the imagination, but you didn't care. You had something to prove.

"Wow." Sebastian didn't realize the word had escaped him until he was met with your surprised face. For the first time since meeting Sebastian, you ran from him. Your black stilettos clicked along the hardwood floors, an indicator that you were walking away from him. "Be safe tonight." He all but choked out as you froze.

"Enjoy your night with Alejandra," you breathed out, wearing a plastic smile on your face. "Don't wait up. We'll order out tomorrow night for our Christmas meal." There was a coldness in your voice that confused Sebastian. He had noticed you were upset for the first time in the last 24 hours, and it was at him.

With an apology on his lips, he watched you leave the apartment - it wasn't until the soft voice of his girlfriend sounded through the apartment did he break from his paralysis in the hallway. Sebastian wanted to chase you but knew that wasn't an option. Walking back to the living room, Sebastian wrapped his girlfriend up in his arms as he joined the conversation she was having with Anthony.

While Sebastian knew his mind should have been present, he just couldn't stop thinking about you.

0.o

Thank you for staying with me for three chapters of angst