Part 4

Part 4 (733 words)

"This guy is all over the place." Black Widow pondered as she watched Captain America get thrown over Loki's shoulder as if he weighed nothing. She was piloting one of Shield's twin jets and trying to aim the aircraft's machinery toward the god but was struggling to find an opening when her speakers started blaring rock music.

"Agent Romanoff. You miss me?" Stark's voice echoed through the speakers as the music got louder. The music was so loud that Loki and Captain America even stopped fighting for a moment to look in the jet's direction. This created the perfect opportunity for Tony to blast a repulsor beam at Loki and land next to Captain America in a rather flashy and Stark way.

Violet wasn't far behind as she lowered herself down to the group using her flames similarly to how Ironman flies himself.

"You okay?" She questioned Steve whilst offering him a hand.

"I will be. Thanks, kid."

"Make your move, Reindeer Games." Tony mocked the god's antler-like helmet as he aimed his repulsors at him. Steve and Violet walked over to them as Loki's armor vanished into thin air and he raised his arms in defeat. "Good move."

"Let's cuff and get him on the jet," Steve ordered rather leader-like.

"Guess that explains why you're called Captain, Cap," Violet said matter of factly. To which Steve only scrunched his eyebrows in either confusion or disappointment. Probably both.

"Is he saying anything?" Fury asked Black Widow through the radio once everyone was on the jet and headed back to the Shield base.

"Not a word." Black Widow responded.

"Just get him here. We're low on time." Fury ordered before turning his end of the radio off.

"I don't like it." Cap started.

"What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony mused.

"I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop." Cap continued as he stared at Loki.

"Still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow. What's your secret? Pilates?" Tony joked.

"What?" Cap asked in bewilderment. It was at this moment Violet decided to tune out Tony's Childish antics and introduce herself to Black Widow.

"Uh, hi."

"So you're Violet?"

"Y-yeah." Violet stuttered in surprise. "How'd you know my name?" Violet asked.

"I was in charge of building your file for Shield, and did a lot of relocating during that time." She said while flipping a control switch down to continue steering the jet. "Six foster homes in under ten years must be a new record."

"Wouldn't be surprised, I am rather exceptional..." Violet joked.

"I'm Natasha Romanoff by the way. You can just call me Nat though."

"You must really like insects huh?" Violet noted. "C-cause you know a nat and a widow a-are bugs."

Before Nat could respond though to Violet's nervous attempt to continue on the conversation a sudden bolt of lightning flashed across the sky in front of the jet.

"Where's this coming from?" Nat questioned. "Go sit down kid, stay close you hear?"

"Got it." Violet nodded as she buckled into the seat behind Nat.

"What's the matter? Are you scared of a little lightning?" Cap queried Loki.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows."

"What the hell does that mean?" Violet asked Tony, who looked just as confused as everyone else for once.

Cap looked as though he was about to say something when the jet shook suddenly and a loud bang was heard from outside. Tony and Cap were quick to gear up as Nat stabilized the jet. Violet wasn't sure what to do but she did feel a bit out of place in her jeans and black crewneck sweater compared to her company's attire.

"What are you doing?" Cap yelled as Tony opened up the back door ramp of the jet. Tony proceeded to ignore him and as soon as the door fully opened a strange blonde-haired man landed on it. Tony tried to fight him but was sent flying through the jet's interior by the hammer the man was wielding. The man grabbed Loki by the collar of his armor and jumped out of the jet. Before anyone could stop Violet she quickly followed in pursuit.

"Violet!" Nat yelled out in disbelief. "Didn't I say stay close?!"

"Stark, we need a plan of attack," Cap shouted out over the sound of the wind.

"I have a plan. Attack."

:)