Part 6

Part 6 (763 Words)

"Iridium... What do they need the iridium for?" Banner points out to the rest of the Avengers sitting around the table.

"It's a stabilizing agent," Tony and Violet said at the same time, as they finally entered the ship's control room. "Jinx, you owe me a coke!"

"Double jinx!" Violet quickly said just barely before Tony could.

"Pay for my nets and I'll pay for your coke." Tony sassed before returning back to his conversation with Phil. "I'm just saying. Pick a weekend, I'll fly you to Portland. Keep love alive."

"Thanks..." Phil quietly mumbled as he walked away from Tony.

"It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at Shield." Violet started.

"No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." Tony sassed as he patted Thor on the arm. "It also..."

"Means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants." Violet interrupted with a smirk as she took a seat next to Nat who wore a similar grin.

"Ahem, raise the mizzenmast! Jib the topsails." Tony ordered in an attempt to gain more attention. "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did."

"What the hell is he doing?" Violet whispered to Nat.

"My question is how long till someone kills him?" She snickered while Tony put one hand over his eye and bothered Agent Hill about Fury.

"Anyway, to continue what I was saying till I was 'rudely' interrupted," Tony emphasized which made everyone roll their eyes, even Cap. "Agent Barton can get his hands on the rest of the materials pretty easily. The only major component he still needs is a power source of high-energy density."

"Something to kick-start the cube?" Banner says more as a statement than a question quietly.

"And when did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Hill asked as she narrowed her eyes at Tony in annoyance.

"Last night," Tony responded matter-of-factly. "The folder? Selvig's notes? The extraction theory papers? Am I the only one who did the reading?"

"I would have but you kinda drugged me...remember?" Violet shrugged with a smirk.

"Which only happened cause you, BURNT MY NETS," Tony quickly quipped while shaking his arms in emphasis.

"Does Loki need a particular kind of power source?" Cap ignored Tony.

"Can we go back to Tony drugging a seventeen-year-old?" Nat said, completely bewildered.

"He would have to heat the cube to 120 million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier," Banner says more to himself than anyone in particular.

"Unless-." Violet started.

"Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect," Tony interrupted.

"Well, if he could do that, he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet." Banner theorized.

"Finally someone who speaks English."

"What am I? Chopped liver?" Violet whispered to Nat.

"Is that what just happened?" Cap asked as he looked at Nat for guidance.

"Don't look at me, they lost me at Coulomb."

"Kid?" Cap looked to Violet.

"Uhh, it's kinda hard to explain." Violet scratched the back of her neck awkwardly.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner." Tony greeted as the two shook hands. "Your work on antielectron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster."

"Arn't those technically the same thing?" Violet murmured with a roll of her eyes.

"Gee, thanks..." Banner muttered.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the Cube." Fury states as he walks into the room. "I was hoping you might join him."

"I would start with that stick of his," Cap speaks up. "It may be magical but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon."

"I don't know about that but it is powered by the Cube. And I would like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys."

"Monkeys? I do not understand." Thor scrunched up his face in confusion.

"I do!" Cap says all excitedly before realizing how awkward his outburst was. "I-i understood that reference."

"Shall we play, Doctor?" Tony said to break up the awkward silence.

"This way, sir." Banner retorts as he gestured to the door behind the two before whispering to Tony. "Uhh, what's the kid's name?"

"Violet?" Tony questions.

"Present," Violet says tiredly.

"Ha real funny kid, now let's go." Tony jested as he pulled Violet's chair away from the table and started pushing it down the hall. "Dr. Banner has requested your attendance."

:)