Part 11

Part 11

"These things are disgusting..." Violet murmured before Tony's voice rang out through their ear comms.

"Where's banner, has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?" Cap responded.

"Just keep me updated," Tony said before flying past the group again as they huddled behind some rolled-over cars.

"We've got civilians still trapped over here," Clint yelled over the sound of gunshots as Loki flew past on some kind of alien chariot.

"They're a fish in a barrel down there," Cap Shouted back as he observed the New Yorkers running for their lives below them.

"We've got this, it's good. Go," Nat yelled as she shot down some aliens that were climbing up the side of the building next to them.

"You sure?" Cap loudly asked the group.

"Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure," Clint shouted as he fired three arrows at once with his bow, all hitting their targets with scary accuracy, which seemed to finally convince Steve he could go help the citizens below them.

"Dibs on the flying ones," Violet yelled as she lit her hands and flew after them.

"All yours kid, just don't get yourself killed," Clint shouted in response but quickly realized he had nothing to worry about as Violet started spinning in the air creating a vortex of flames.

"It's just like Budapest all over again!" Nat yelled after a few minutes of back-to-back fighting.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently," Clint remarked as Thor landed beside the two finishing off the rest of the aliens nearby with a bolt of lighting.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked Thor as he ran back towards the group.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable," Thor stated before throwing his hammer into the side of an alien's head killing it instantly.

"Thor's right," Tony said whilst trying to find the large aliens' weak spot.

"Did Tony just agree with someone?" Violet asked Clint as she landed next to him.

"Must have hit his head or something," Clint responded without missing a beat.

"So, how do we do this?" Nat asked Cap.

"As a team,"

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor stated causing Clint to roll his eyes.

"Yeah? Well, get in line," Clint and Violet muttered at the same time causing the two to look at each other with matching smirks.

"You know what, I think I like this kid,"

"Gee thanks, old man," Violet sassed, man she really hated being called a kid.

"Nevermind," Clint joked whilst bending one of his arrows back into shape.

"Loki is going to keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need without him these things could run wild we've got Stark and Violet up top, he's going to need us to..." Steve started but the sound of a motorcycle interrupted him.

"So, this all seems horrible..." Bruce stated as he walked over to the group after getting off the motorcycle he 'borrowed'.

"I've seen worse," Nat said with a shrug.

"Sorry..."

"No, we could use a little worse," Violet couldn't help but notice the faint blush on both Nat and Banner's faces, clearly the two liked each other.