Chapter 3

May 5, 2013

-Courtney

I woke up the next morning with a head splitting headache and voices booming from downstairs.  I knew exactly who it was that was basically screaming. I could barely keep my eyes open. The light that was streaming through the curtain made it almost unbearable to keep them open.  Moving quickly I jumped out of bed, grabbed the curtain and pulled it closed so it was like a barricade from the light. I slowly walked back to the bed, climbed in, pulled the blankets up to my chin and tried falling back to sleep; maybe that will get rid of the headache I thought as I sighed heavily.

Louis’ voice would become louder every second so I grabbed Niall’s pillow and placed it over my head to block it out but it was no use, the tighter I would hold it the more my head would hurt and Louis’ would go louder.  Sleeping was defiantly out of the question and I wasn’t going to put up with this headache all day, especially if Louis is going to be here.

Silently I walked into the bathroom and grabbed the Advil bottom, got a glass of water and took the pills before clutching to my head. This is one of those headaches where you want to cry but if you do it’ll just make everything worse.

I gave myself one glance in the mirror, my hair was everywhere and thank god I didn’t have any make-up on the previous day, before walking down to the noises that were making my head pound even more. I put my head in my hands to maybe stop the pain, the boys were all in the living room and were talking, loudly, but stopped when I came around the corner and into their view.

“Hey there Courtney!” Louis said cheerfully.

 My hands clutched my head tighter and I let a few stray tears fall. God, this boy will defiantly be the death of me today. I didn’t answer Louis instead I went over and sat on Niall’s lap.  He didn’t seem to care that I was there but the other started talking; loudly if I may add.

“Please make them quit.” I whispered quietly and turning away from the light.  Somehow he shut them up without saying anything.

“Anything for my princess.” He whispered as he lightly kissed my head.             

 I snuggled my head into his shoulder and inhaled his sweet sent.  Usually the smell of cologne or anyone’s perfume makes my head spin when I have a headache but his really just….calmed me.

Niall soon started playing with different strands of my hair, probably hoping I would fall asleep; actually I was as well because I hate having headaches.

-Niall

“Anything for my princess.” I whispered and placed a gently kiss on top of her head. She snuggled her face into my shoulder before letting out a long breath.

Even though her hair was a mess I still ran my fingers through it to hopefully get her to sleep. I knew right as soon as she came into the living area, with her hands around her face, what was wrong.   Louis’ loud voice probably didn’t ease her pain at all.

Slowly Courtney’s breathing slowed and light snores were filling the air. Zayn and Louis laughed; I sent them a glare to get them to shut up.

“So what’s wrong with her?” Liam questioned in a whisper. All the boys turned their attention to our conversation.

“Major headache, even the slightest amount of noise hurts.” I answered back. They all got it; I turned my attention to my princess and continued to play with her hair.