Chapter 37

-Courtney

I walked into the airport still in my pajamas, those caused a few stares to come my way but I ignored them. I wasn’t going home to change; I really didn’t want to see Niall. I had nothing on me except my purse, phone, and wallet. I was going to New York for a few days until I could figure everything out. Yeah I know I sound stupid but I was talked into it.

Sam and Sierra live in the heart of New York, and when I talked to Sierra she offered me to come and stay with them until I could think straight and that’s what I’m doing. Yeah that does sound extremely stupid.

After making it through security and then boarding the plane I finally relaxed a bit but still I had some knots in my stomach. I knew the boys would be mad, well extremely pissed in other words, at me for leaving but I had to clear my head. I didn’t know if the boys told Niall I was pregnant or not. I was kind of hoping they would so I didn’t have to but I then didn’t want them to because I thought it would be rude to not be the one to tell him. Since it is our child and he deserves to know from his wife.

But it’s also rude to leave him like you are now, without explaining anything to you, my brain yells at me. I sighed and buckled my seat belt. My eyes scanned the small space around me finding it mostly filled except for the seat beside me. The pilot gave each of us some things to know before we started rolling down the run way. I leaned my head back and waited for it to be over.

“-We have lifted off!” The pilot said as we reached the skies. Only a few short hours and I will be in New York. I didn’t know if I should be happy or scared about that.

-Niall

Ugh why must Courtney have the curtains open? I have a serious hangover. I opened my eyes and wished I hadn’t the light was almost too much to bear. I turned around and pulled my arm out to pull Courtney close to me but she wasn’t there. I sat up in bed. Where is she, I thought. Probably downstairs making breakfast or watching the television.

I quietly got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I still had my clothes on from yesterday. What even happened yesterday, I remember the beginning of the party but nothing after that? Ugh, I shouldn’t think too much, it was making my head hurt worse.

I went to grabbed one of the Advil bottles out of the cabinet when a bottle of pills dropped out of the cabinet, little white tablets scattered the floor. Muttering a few curse words I bent down under the sink to pick them up when something blue and white behind the sink base caught my eye.

“What the hell is that?” I asked myself. I grabbed the stick and looked at it. Holy Hell, It’s a pregnancy test, and the one word on it read positive. As I stood back up everything from last night came flooding back. The drinking, the girl, coming home, the conversation with Courtney, and her leaving. 

Why the hell didn’t I go after her? Because you were drunk and being stupid, my self-conscious throws back at me. I ran out of the room and searched the whole house looking for her but found nothing. I tried calling her but it went straight to voice mail. 

I ran out to my car and started it up. First I went to Liam’s house.

I ran up the walk way and pounded on his door, not even realizing I could probably just walk in. It took him a minute to answer.

“How come you didn’t just come in like you normally do?” Liam asked while rubbing his eyes.

“Liam this is important! Courtney’s gone and I have no fucking clue where she is! I’ve tried calling her but it goes straight to her voicemail.” I screeched at him but silently scolded myself for wondering the same thing; my words sent him into Daddy Direction mode.