Chapter 35

-Niall

All five of us sat in seats opposite of Andrew’s desk. He had some important information to tell us about what we were doing this upcoming week. I, on the other hand, had some plans to get drunk on New Year’s Eve but he had other plans.  So that’s why whenever he told us we were going to New York to perform we kind of were sad. Not that it wasn’t a great thing, it was just we couldn’t drink any with alcohol, well Louis could but that’s just about it. Unless we were in our hotel or whatever but still what point is there to drink whenever we can’t do anything out in the public.

“You all will leave in the morning and then when you get there you’ll all go over and do an interview on the Today Show then the next night you’ll be performing.” Andrew told us but was looking at Paul, who was standing behind us, when he spoke.

We all each gave a sort of yes or nod before we were told we could leave.  I was a little bummed about our new plans since we were underage and we couldn’t drink but then I got the thought and had to make sure. When I got outside we all said our goodbyes and headed in our own direction. I think Louis and Zayn were meeting up with Perrie and Eleanor for some coffee. Perrie was also coming to America with the band she’s in; Little Mix.

Harry and Liam were just going home, and as for me I was headed back to my wife or well home.

Minutes later I was pulling into our snow covered driveway. I shut the car off and hopped out into the free falling snow, making a beeline straight for the door.

“Babe?” I called throughout the house. I took my shoes and coat off before entering the kitchen and dining room. I didn’t hear a response so I suppose she is still asleep. I made my steps softer as I bounded up the stairs and going to our room.

To my surprise however she was actually not in bed; it was made up already. I scratched my head as I tried to think of where she could be. She’s not asleep and she wasn’t in either the kitchen or living area so where is she?

I jumped at the sound of a door shutting down the hall. I took a look to find Courtney with a basket of clothes. Oh, well I guess that explains where she was.

“Oh, I didn’t even hear you come in.” She smiled as she saw me standing in our bedroom. She went into the closet, me trailing behind her, so she could put away clothes.

“So how was the meeting?” She asked cautiously. I don’t blame her for the way she asked it because management was the one who made me break up with her months ago. Although, I highly doubt they would make me do it now.  Well they couldn’t because I wouldn’t allow them to even think about doing me that way again.

“Actually it was really good.” I answered as I took some of the clothes out of the basket and started hanging them up. She gave me a short nod, almost willing me to continue.

“Although we have to leave in the morning for New York.” That made her stop folding clothes. Her eyes stared at me, trying to decipher some unknown question.

“Why and for how long?” It sounded like she was upset but I couldn’t really be sure. She’s was a little off on her emotion the last few days. Thankfully she’s not on her monthly anymore so she’s going back to being her normal self.

“I’m not sure how long but we have to perform on New Year’s Eve.” She nodded her head and went back to hanging clothes. I sighed because I knew she was upset although she really didn’t know the whole thing.

“You do know you’re coming right?” I asked after a while of silence. Her eyes met mine and I could see how bad she wanted to smack me.  Before she could even get a word out I was skipping out the door and to another room in the house.