Chapter 2.8 - Filou

It was not uncommon for men to take what they wanted. They were pirates - it was in their nature to simply appropriate everything. They grabbed for it, possession gave them only so far if the other was stronger. Of course, not in the crew - although even there everyone was often enough the next to himself.

Nevertheless, they stood together - they had to do that even in this place. But everyone else... was worthless. He would have undoubtedly agreed with Hook and his attitude or wisdom: the years had sunk conscience, morals, and grace. A rock polished by the waves of years, events, and recurring loss. Until even rock was no more than the sand that lay on Neverland's beach. Their prison, which meant something like home in the meantime. Wasn't the pirate life actually THE epitome of freedom? Pirates took whatever they wanted - even by force. They looted, robbed, stole - and stood by it, unlike the lost ones who camouflaged themselves under childish gimmicks, although they were no better. With them, you knew where you stood.

Here in Neverland, it was necessary to kill - to survive. The lost ones, even Peter, actually understood it, but they didn't say it and called it something else. But there was one rule in Neverland: only the strongest survived. This was a food chain, where the higher up you were, the better why. And for that, it was important to find the right allies and comrades. They were all rogues. And yet they were a crew that stuck together. They are against all others! Yes- they were also a family. Not like the lost ones, who always brought in new ones when some defected to the pirates again. They had hard rules. But a pack of hungry wolves also needed a hard hand and sharp teeth. Hook was the one who kept this gang together.

Fabric tore. The rattling, merciless sound when it gave way under great force, pulling threads and then giving up. Filou's body reacted immediately. Some experiences made a stronger impression than others. Some of his memories had sunk like acid into stone and had left indelible marks. And they would not rape this woman in front of him! His eyes narrowed, fixed on his comrades with whom he had lived and fought together for decades.

Within the blink of an eye, he was with them, snatching their prey right from under the hungry wolves' noses. With her in a firm grip, he backed away three steps. Sand swirled around her feet and he felt her weight in his arm as he supported her- but he did not fix his attention on her. Instead, in a flash, he pulled out the smaller, flashing blade of the parrying dagger-quickly enough to press it against Bone's hip as he tried to stand against him. Pirates were not gentle with each other- and if he had to, he would give Bones a new scar for his collection if he wanted to challenge it. Even with them, there was the simple rule: the winner was right-there their attitudes coincided with those of the lost.

But one thing was as certain as the fact that he would not allow the rape to happen under his nose: he would not let the woman go. Even if he had wanted to, he wouldn't have been able to. Why? Because he was surrounded by hungry wolves who were not allowed to find any weakness in him. As, no doubt, was the captain. A chain was only as strong as its weakest link. His gaze surveyed the beautiful figure. Despite the injuries, he could see soft, shapely curves. Fabric that even in this dirty, tattered state clung to soft forms, accentuating and highlighting them. A body that could make men do ANYTHING for her.

Here in this world especially, where women who lit hot fires - and satisfied them - were more than rare. The mermaids and sirens were alluring.... but in the end, they were half-fish. No more than the wind that lit fires and left men wanting. And the harbor wenches that could be had in the city of Dagger? Well. They were few for all the men who now prowled the land.... and any self-respecting pirate didn't like to poke around with hundreds in the same waters. So why was a woman out here in this darkness? On the beach, where sirens, crocodiles, and pirates could find her?!