Chapter 9

Obake didn't tell you anything about what had happened 3 days ago.

And right now, he woke up early to prepare your special bento. After all, he had successfully transferred you to Salt Middle School.

He was hoping that this new environment will bring your enthusiasm back.

The sun was already rising as Obake heard the faint noises from the main road not far from the apartment complex. Wiping his wet hands, he heads towards your room and brings his ears to your door, trying to listen if your alarm clock goes on.

Which it did.

Even though Obake doesn't have the facial muscle to smile, he somehow hummed happily as he went back to the kitchen.

He was the excited one on your first day in Salt Middle School.

.

.

.

"My name is (L/n), (Y/n). It's a pleasure to meet you," You said with a flat tone as you imagine the entire room to be empty. You politely bow down in front of your classmate.

You remind yourself to always look down whenever you felt nervous in hopes to hide your creepy smile.

"Thank you, (L/n)-san, you may take a seat next to Inukawa," Your adviser insisted as he pointed towards the seat behind the Bowl cut boy that you're somehow familiarized with.

Without saying anything,y you mentally took a deep breath as you headed toward your seat. The bowl-cut boy from before was staring at you, but you didn't dare to look in his direction as you kept a straight look and expression.

Once you took a seat, the light blonde boy beside you waved with a smile. "Hello, (L/n)-san," He said in a whisper.

You nodded and give him a half smile as you waved back. You quickly looked away and bit your inner cheeks, trying not to be nervous, and let out your creepy smile.

You mentally sigh as you let your tense posture relax for a little.

at least, in this school, you wouldn't have a problem running into Teruki.

Time passed and the class went smoothly. You actually need to find a way to eat lunch somewhere alone.

You quickly grabbed your bento box as you attempt to get out of the class as fast as possible. But, before you could even stand up from your seat, a group of girls swarmed your seat.

Your facial muscles immediately twitched as your lips curved up into a smile.

"You're so pretty (L/n)-chan!" One girl squealed.

"Oi... Furi, stop that, it's making her uncomfortable!" A girl with a tough voice said.

"Your hair is so soft looking... can I touch it?" One girl asked, her hair fluffy and curly.

The three girls stared at you with smiles on their faces as their eyes seemingly sparkles. "Enough of that girls, can't you see she's uncomfortable?" The blonde boy, named Inukawa from earlier said.

Your heart was hammering against your chest as you desperately wanted to get out of the classroom and just eat your lunch peacefully, somewhere alone.

You avoided all of their gazes as the girl with a tough voice argued with Inukawa. And when your eyes landed in front, behind the girls, you saw the bowl-cut boy staring at you. And when he caught your gaze, he immediately looked away. Suddenly it clicked.