three

Trinity was right. Graduating from high school was an accomplishment. Going to college was a new milestone. It was a massive milestone for Summer. She would be leaving New Jersey to embark on a new journey.

Summer knew that she would eventually go to college. She always wanted to pursue a career in health. She wanted to become a labor and delivery nurse. It was in her plans, but she was still unsure if she wanted to keep that specific major. However, she felt like it was a promising career to have.

It paid well.

Christie, her mom, was a registered nurse who brought home big paychecks. She complained about working in the emergency room a lot, but the stress was worth it—Christie's opinion.

Summer was in the middle of zipping her last suitcase when she heard her phone ringing. She swiped her iPhone from the bed and realized her dad was calling her. The woman wasted no time answering her phone.

"Hey."

"Hi, dad."

"Are you all packed?"

"Yeah." She responded calmly. "I just packed my very last suitcase."

Quietness took over the phone call. Summer could feel the tension as she held her phone in her hand.

"Hey, are you okay?" She questioned her dad.

"I know I'm supposed to come and pick you up..." Her dad trailed off.

Summer could feel her chest heaving. She stood there and continued to listen to her dad speak.

"But something came up. I'm sorry, baby girl."

Now, it was her turn to be quiet. She looked around her empty room and pushed out a shaky breath. The disappointment was etched across her face as she looked down at her plushy carpet.

Summer was expecting her dad to pick her up and drop her off at college. She didn't understand why he canceled on her when she ran the plan to him months ago.

She parted her lips and asked, "What came up?"

He sighed before speaking. "I just...have a lot of business to handle."

That was his excuse. He had a lot of business to handle. Summer knew her dad was in the Air Force, so she assumed he had to deal with his job. However, he didn't mention anything about it.

He's probably making an excuse, so he won't have to take me. Summer said to herself.

Summer wanted to shed tears, but she decided to hold them in. Instead of crying, she decided to take a few deep breaths. It was the best she could do. She did not want to cry over her dad's failed attempt at being a father.

"Alright, well...it's fine."

"Are you sure—"

"Yeah." She cut her off and took in another deep breath.

"Look, I know how important this is to you. I just want to let you know that I'm really proud of you, Summer. I am."

Summer stayed quiet and listened to her father's deep voice go on and on. He was trying to make the situation better. Unfortunately, nothing could make it better. She knew he was lying about handling business. He didn't want to take the time to be there for her.

"...Thank you." She pushed out in a low tone. "I um...I have to go and see if my mom can drop me off."

Summer didn't want her dad to respond. She ended the call and dropped onto her bed. Her hands encircled her face as she tried to calm herself down. This was always a problem with her dad. He was more of a remote father than anything. The man sent her money and tried to give her typical three-minute conversations.

That wasn't enough.

She wanted her father to be there for her physically. He was always making up excuses, and she was sick of it. After calming herself down, she contacted her mom and informed her of what had happened.

Christie was upset but didn't show any emotion. She just told Summer to prepare her things when she arrived home. Thankfully, Christie was off and didn't have to work. She would be able to drop her daughter off.

❁❁❁

"Is this everything?" Christie questioned her daughter as she glanced at the suitcases. She wore a serious expression on her face that made strangers assume she was mean.

"Yeah. This is it." Summer replied to her mom. "My room is practically empty." She added while opening her bag of chips. She'd purchased them a few days ago and decided to eat them.

"Now, you know you're not supposed to be eating that." Cheyenne, Summer's younger sister, announced as she focused on the yellow chip bag.

"Right." Christie cosigned. "You're supposed to be on a diet."

Summer stopped midchew to glance from her mom to her little sister. She shrugged and said, "It's just a bag of Lays."

"Not in your diet." Christie continued. "How are you going to lose weight if you don't stick to eating healthy?"

Summer didn't have an answer to her mom's question at that moment, so she decided to be quiet. She wanted to take her dieting seriously but knew it would be a waste of time. Summer loved to eat good food. She didn't like eating healthy food. In her opinion, it was bland—too boring for her liking.

Losing weight wasn't exactly something she wanted to do either. Summer wasn't skinny, and she was okay with that. The woman wasn't sloppy or out of shape. She had curves and was thick in all the right places.

She assumed she inherited her size from her father's family. Her dad's mom was a curvy woman. She shared the same shape as Summer. Both women were tall with curves. Hips and dips were visible. There was barely a stomach visible on Summer, and they had thick thighs, legs, and an ass to match.

Summer's body was beautiful, and she had the perfect face to match her body. She had a full face. It was made up of brown, cartoony eyes, a button nose, and full lips. Her dark brown skin was smooth and soft.

She was a bad bitch.

"I said I wanted to eat healthy because I don't want to consume too much junk food. Not lose weight." Summer corrected them nicely while chomping on her potato chips. She was not about to lose a lot of weight. In her opinion, she wouldn't look right.

Both Christie and Cheyenne were smaller than her.

"Hm." Christie pushed out while looking her daughter over. She wore an uninterested expression while throwing her hand up.

"Whatever suits you, sis," Cheyenne added with a smirk.

❁❁❁

TO BE CONTINUED