twenty-seven

[enjoy🩷.]

The event coordinators were busy restocking the refreshment table. There was a narrow surface filled with a variety of food and drinks. Three beverage dispensers were filled with mint-infused water, lemonade, and iced tea. The right side had large platters of fruits, veggies, mini sandwiches, pastries, and cupcakes.

Summer looked around the area and realized the house was pristine. Nothing was out of place, and no crumb was visible. The décor and furniture of the home was also beautiful. There was a strong feminine vibe to it. The walls were painted gold with a shimmer of glitter—there were also red accent walls. There were plush red sofas and armchairs with gold throw pillows. Summer scanned the décor, realizing several photos of women posing in red and gold outfits. Even the gold rug lying underneath the coffee table was gorgeous. She sniffed the air, loving the fresh aroma. Feeling parched, she grabbed a cup of lemonade.

She wanted to grab a few pieces of pineapple but pulled back when she felt someone touching the small of her back. Summer looked over her shoulder and realized it was Jazz. She stood there with a smirk.

"Are you ready?" She questioned Summer.

Summer shook her head and said, "Not really."

Jazz cocked her head to the side, giving Summer a nice view of her beautiful face. "Come on. You have to. This interview is important." She grabbed her hand, pulling her along. "Capri is leading it. She's cool."

"To you." Summer responded while hesitantly walking along with her.

"Look." Jazz halted her steps, causing Summer to stop abruptly. "Don't be nervous." Her brown eyes examined Summer before she pushed out, "I'll stay in the room. If that makes you comfortable."

Summer only nodded. She waited for Jazz to lead the way. They walked down the colorful hallways and made a left. After passing two doors, they entered the room where a few Zetas sat and patiently awaited their arrival. Summer analyzed the room and counted five women, six with Jazz included. Capri was indeed there. Her blonde hair was styled into a curly afro as she looked over the paperwork. She heard shuffling and looked over to see Jazz walking inside with Summer.

"Hi. Welcome back." Capri greeted her.

"Hi. Thank you." Summer responded warmly and sweetly. She looked around and noticed a few smiles. However, there were a few girls who weren't too friendly.

"We're glad you're here." Capri continued while squinting her eyes. "What drew you to Zeta Gamma Beta?"

The questions flowed in—one after the other. Initially, Summer was nervous, but she grew comfortable after answering a few questions from Capri. Of course, the other girls interrogated her, too. She met Layshawn, who seemed cool and relaxed. Gabby, a blabbermouth who always seemed happy. Summer loved how she pronounced her words in her Baltimore accent. Her spirit was lovely and comforting. Shannon was a little bougie and had a lot of self-confidence. However, she didn't get ugly with Summer. She kept the questions easy and moved on. The last girl, Alycia, was difficult, and Summer wasn't surprised by her challenging questions. She was the one who gave her the dry facial expression when she walked in.

"Visualize yourself." Alycia began as she sat on the couch with her legs crossed. Her hair was freshly installed, so the curls were still intact, and her hair bounced with every move she made. She wore her Zeta Gamma Beta varsity jacket with a gorgeous blouse and a skirt. On her feet were a pair of designer shoes—Summer wasn't sure what they were called, she didn't care to know. "The Zetas are in a meeting, and the executive board has made a decision." She narrowed her eyes and said, "But you disagree with it. How would you approach the situation?" After asking the question, Alycia leaned back and waited for the answer with her glossed lips pursed.