twenty-five (part 1)

[Enjoy. 🩷]

Extroverted people were fascinating. They had their way of figuring out what to say and when to say it. Most were entertaining, while others couldn't read the room. Summer realized Dominique was extroverted. She could engage in conversation and take the lead. Her outgoing and lively energy surrounded Summer, giving her comfort. She was thankful for the young woman's optimism and positivity.

Tapping the phone, Summer realized nine o'clock was approaching. She climbed out of bed and immediately went to handle her hygiene. She slipped on a t-shirt with yoga pants that comfortably nestled around her wide hips and enhanced her high booty. Instead of wearing her hair in a ponytail, she removed the hair band and allowed her curly fro to sprout out. Summer nodded in approval after realizing her curly tendrils hid her bruise. However, her lip was split. She covered them in gloss, hoping it would speed up the healing process.

"Nice idea." Dominique opined as she eyed Summer carefully. "You have a lot of hair on your head. No one will see that bruise."

"Thank you." Summer gave her a slight grin as she inserted her bag of dirty clothes inside her luggage. She didn't say much since she had nothing to talk about. Her mind was focused on what would be happening today. She didn't know what Grant had up his sleeve, which bothered her. Summer liked moving to her flow.

"Some of my people are abrasive." Dominque continued while grabbing her vibrating phone.

"Abrasive?" Summer reiterated while focusing on the young girl typing away. "What do you mean?"

"If they see the bruise, they'll constantly badger you until you give them accurate details of what happened—from the beginning to the end."

"Oh..." Summer trailed off, not knowing how to feel about that. However, she experienced some abrasive behavior when their housekeeper stepped into her personal space and badgered her with questions while playing doctor. Summer didn't know what to think because, at the time, her mind was blank from the unexpected invasion.

"Are you hungry?" Dominique asked her with concern. "Because I am." She glanced at her half-eaten green apple and wrinkled her nose. "This apple isn't helping my appetite." Dominique placed her focus on Summer and said, "Let's go downstairs and see what's on the menu."

Summer quietly agreed to go downstairs. Her stomach tried to throw a little fit, so she figured she could eat something. Her appetite wasn't too hearty since she was still slightly gloomy about yesterday. The assault bothered her, and she didn't know how to get over it. While climbing down the staircase, she glanced at her phone and noticed a text from Trinity.

Realization hit Summer in the face. She was still cool with her best friend, but things were changing for them. Summer felt they weren't as close to each other anymore. Trinity spent a lot of time with Elena. Summer could understand why. Trinity and Elena were on the same type of time. They loved partying and alcohol, and they loved men. Summer wasn't into much of those activities, which is why Elena was more of Trinity's speed. Jealousy would creep on Summer, but she tried not to show it.

Dominque led the way down the sparkling hallway. Summer took in the sight of the gleaming manor. A few people walked around dressed in uniform. Summer assumed they were at The Robinson's house to put up decorations. A Caucasian woman was busy adding a beautiful arrangement to the round table. The flower vase contained a mixture of roses, asters, and chrysanthemums. The floral arrangement ranged in warm shades such as orange, red, and burgundy. Others handled the decorations inside the dining area where the entire family would be.

"Girl, look at all this traffic," Dominque muttered while glancing at Summer.

"Aren't you used to this?" Summer asked her.