twenty-eight

[not much is happening. enjoy though 🩷]

Summer folded her arms as she took in the sight of the small room. Here she was, back at the hospital. She'd recently finished taking her treatment and was now getting retested to ensure the infection was gone. She closed her eyes briefly, hating that she put herself in this situation. Summer vowed to take better care of herself. This was the last time she would allow a man to take advantage of her body and misuse it.

She looked around the examination room, trying to focus on other things. The space was small yet filled with numerous items. Summer took in the sight of the informational posters displayed on the walls. The human anatomy caught her attention until she glanced at the door. There were a few faint voices and footsteps.

"I'm ready to get this over with." Summer spoke to herself before sighing. She unlocked her phone and proceeded to get on Instagram. She figured busying herself would kill time. She checked her notifications, realizing she had more than twenty.

Summer had a few new followers. She checked them out until her eyes landed on Grant. She raised her brows in bewilderment. She knew he had an Instagram account but didn't follow or engage with him on there. Summer felt it was too much and she didn't want to seem extra.

Out of curiosity, she went to his page and inspected his profile. Grant's page was public, and he had a nice following. He had almost one hundred thousand followers and followed only a few people.

Why would he follow me knowing his girl might see?! Summer screamed in her head with a slight scowl.

She tapped on the following list and realized he was following most of his close friends and family members. Annika was one of them. Ugh. Quickly, Summer left his follower list and proceeded to check out his pictures.

Grant's Instagram was boring—Summer's opinion. He wasn't too open on the app. Instead, he kept everything mysterious. He had a total of two photos on his page. His most recent photo was of him in a suit with his advertisement for running for vice president. In the following image, he advertised the energy drink, Revive as part of his endorsement deal. It was clear that he used his profile for positive business-related activities only. However, the people in the comments didn't seem to understand that. Most commenters argued about scores and compared Grant with other college basketball players, while the others lusted over his handsomeness. It was a lot going on.

With no shame, she checked out his story and assumed he spent a lot of time posting there. Grant took a photo of his breakfast and a picture of him standing in the mirror after working out.

Summer smirked to herself, loving how fine he looked in the mirror. She made sure to follow him back. Her profile was different from Grant's. Summer's page had several photos of herself, and her follower count was lower than his. However, she still received a lot of likes. Summer uploaded a lot of selfies and full body pictures of herself. She figured Grant was enjoying himself since he liked all of her photos.

Abruptly, the door opened. Summer locked her phone and watched Doctor Friedman step inside with her clipboard. She spoke softly and grabbed the chair. Expertly, the doctor wheeled herself toward the examination table.

"Alright." Dr. Friedman trailed off while rummaging through the documents. "I have your results."

Summer only nodded, waiting for her to get on with it.

"Great news, Summer." Dr. Friedman glanced at her with a small smile, "Your results came back negative."

A slight grin appeared on Summer's face. She knew it would come back negative. However, the confirmation relieved her. She wanted to make sure her reproductive system was in good shape.