(Chapter 1) Monster

(3rd Person Pov)

Wednesday's eyes flutter open and blinded by a bright light, when the light darkened. She was met with (E/C) eyes smiling down at her.

"Welcome back." He said with a smirk.

Wednesday quickly sat up with her hands still crossed like an x.

"T-Take it easy." Y/N awkwardly chuckled, suprised by the sudden movement.

"Nurse said you don't have a concussion but you probably have a nasty bump, huh?"

"The last thing I remember I was walking outside feeling a mixture of rage, pity and self disgust." She stopped and reminisced.

"I've never felt that way before." Her dark eyes met with his.

"Yeah, losing to Bianca has that effect on people, I think.." He replied.

"Then I looked up and saw that gargoyle coming down and I thought." She looked down. "At least I'll have an imaginative death."

"Then you tackled me out of the way." Her brows furrowed as she looked up at the male again.

"Well, call it instinct." He shrugged.

Y/N had found himself more intrigued by the gothic girl especially after what she pulled on Bianca.

"So you were guided by latent chivalry, the tool of the patriarchy, to extract my undying gratitude?"

"Mmm. Exactly that." Y/N nodded his head as he jokingly pointed at her.

"I didn't want to be rescued." Wednesday glared at the boy.

"So you would've rathered to turn into mashed potato?" He replied in a playful tone.

"I would have rather saved myself." She sternly explained to him.

"You looked pretty cool standing up for Rowan." Y/N smiled, looking at her. "Not that many people here have the guts to do that."

Wednesday gave him her usual glare ahe room became quite as they kept eye contact with eachother.

"Uhh.. well, be careful when your walk outside and I guess I'll see you around." Y/N broke their eye contact when he noticed he was staring a little too hard.

"Bye, Wednesday." He looked back at her one more time before leaving the infirmary as Wednesday watched him leave.

A few hours after that encounter, Y/N had gotten a call from Enid telling him about Wednesday's escape plan, that was planned at the harvest festival since they had no one else to call.

He had to make sure Principal Weems was distracted as Wednesday drove away with a guy she met with at Weathervane.

So now he found himself, standing with the two girls watching Tyler Galpin argue with his father from afar.

"Are you sure you can trust that normie?" Y/N spoke up examining the normie.

"I trust that I can handle myself." She sharply responded making Y/N sigh.

"I don't want you talking to her, and I want you home by 12:00." Sheriff Galpin pointed at his son.

"1:00." Tyler argued.

"12:30." The Sheriff walked away causing Tyler to scoff.

"Well, good luck and safe travels." Enid went in for a hug but instead got just Wednesday moving back.

"Still not a hugger, got it." She smiled.

"What if he's some serial killer, isn't it dangerous?" Y/N tried to convince Wednesday.