(Chapter 5) Rave'N

(3rd Person Pov)

"While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery. Or deception."

Thornhill explained as Y/N aimlessly moved around the flower on the tray him and Wednesday were sharing.

"The orchid produces a pheromone that mimics a female insect, luring the males in. Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in exchange?"

"Nada. Just like all the guys at Rave'N." Bianca said causing the students to chuckle.

"Okay, okay. I know you're all excited about Saturday, which is why I haven't assigned any homework." Thronhill added making the students cheer.

"But I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee." She said causing some people to raise their hands. "Anyone interested come and see me up here."

"You're not gonna volunteer?" Y/N spoke to Wednesday. "Aren't you pumped about discovery balls and spiked punch? Theres even a DJ. MC Blood Suckaz." He teased.

"I'd rather stick needles in my eyes." She sternly said causing Y/N to chuckle. "I'll probably do that anyway."

Y/N swallowed his saliva trying to gain the courage to ask her to the dance.

"Wednesday-" Just as Y/N was supposed to speak a brunette approached their table.

"Hi Y/N." The girl spoke in a cheery voice. "Wednesday." She noticed the braided girl behind him.

"I was wondering if.." The brown haired girl played with her hands. "you had a date."

"For the Rave'N?" Y/N asked. "Yes that, I wanted you to go with me." She blushed.

Y/N slowly looked behind him to see that Wednesday had already left, causing him to sigh and turn back to the cheery girl.

On the other side, Wednesday had already made it back to the academy and was walking through the corridors. Thing popped put from her shoulder and started gesturing.

"No, I am not envious. Y/N can do whatever he wants, just as I can do whatever I want."

She continued walking, making Thing nod his head not believing a single word she said.

--

Y/N was walking through the streets of Jericho. He had heard from Enid and the girls that Wednesday would be somewhere here so he came out to look for her.

He never got to ask her on a date so he had to hurry before it would be to late.

"Wednesday!" Y/N exclaimed when he spotted the girl walking out of the police station.

"In trouble?" He lifted an eyebrow. "Nothing I can't handle." She responded.

"Oh. Anyways I wanted to talk to you about the Rave'N." The werewolf spoke. "I must be the only one not obsessed with this stupid dance." She mumbled.

"So.. you're not going?" Y/N smiled, to his suprise she didn't respond instead just looked down on the ground.

"Actually, I was forced to ask someone as an act of self preservation." She explained.

"Um, okay.. so who is it?" When he asked that Wednesday's eyes met with his.

"Xaiver." She said quickly and watched the smile on his face fall slowly. "Oh." He blinked a few times.

"Hope you two have fun." He said in a unenthusiastic tone as he avoided her eye contact while walking passed her.

"..."