(Chapter 11) 'The End?'

(3rd Person Pov)

Principal Weems had allowed Wednesday to take on last stop before going straight to the train station.

Wednesday walked through the narrow halls of the hospital and stopped by Eugene's room.

"Wednesday!" Eugene exclaimed when he noticed the black clothed girl by the door.

"Eugene." Wednesday said back with hee usual tone as she walked closer to the bedridden boy.

"Glad to see you're finally awake." She added with, God forbid, a bit of softness in her tone.

"I heard you visited me all the time." Eugene teased. "Don't ever mention it again." The dark haired girl quickly responded causing Eugene to chuckle.

"Listen, I've been meaning to tell you..." Wednesday paused. "I shouldn't have gone to the dance. I shouldn't have been with you."

"When the dance floor calls, you gotta answer." Eugene shrugged. "And it helped you reconcile with Y/N too." He added but was met with silence.

"It's not your fault. It's the monster's." Eugene tried reassuring her.

"It's actually called a Hyde. And it's still out there." Wednesday spoke up. "Which means you can't go back to Nevermore. Not even to check on your bees."

"You have to listen to me this time. I thought hummers were supposed to stick together." She said to Eugene.

"That night in the woods, someone set fire to that cave." The beekeeper explained. "Yes, Dr. Kinbott." Wednesday finished his sentence.

"It's so crazy that it was her. I don't really remember any of it. I just saw someone wearing black.. and those boots."

"What about her boots?" Wednesday furrowed her brows out of confusion. "There was an explosion of light, and just for a moment. I saw that they weren't black." He looked up to the dark eyed girl.

"They were red." When Eugene said that Wednesday unfurrowed her brows slowly from realization.

--

Thornhill was all alone in her classroom and was experimenting with a blue liquid that she inputted in her syringe.

She aruptly turned around when she heard the door close and was met with a familiar dead face.

"Wednesday." She tried hiding the syringe behind her back. "I thought you'd you'd halfway to New Jersey by now."

"You can drop the act, Laurel. I should have known it was you. Faking your death, securing a job at Nevermore, unlocking a Hyde. Typically, I have great admiration for well executed revenge plots. But yours was a bit extreme, even for my high standards."

"..."

"Oh dear.." Thronhill sighed and turned around to her desk to pick up a tray that had a small pot on it. "Weems was right. You do need psychiatric help." She walked passed Wednesday.

"Can't throw out wild accusations without consequences." Thornhill met Wednesday's eyes again.

"They may be wild... but they're true. Tyler told me everything." Wednesday replied with a small smile after seeing the shocked look on Thronhill's face when Tyler walked in.

"Initially I incorrectly accused Kinbott of using hypnosis to unlock him. But you used a plant derived chemical, didn't you?" Wednesday explained as the ginger scoffed.

"I know your father kept tabs on all the outcast in town. So I assumed he told you about the Galpin family secret when you were just a girl."

"That's why you targeted Tyler. You manipulated him by showing him what his mother truly was. Now what Tyler didn't realize is that truth wouldn't free him. It would enslave him to you." She continued.