Chapter 8

Bored Meetings

Jisoo looked at the clock. It is now 10:30 pm. She sat by the window again to see whats happening on the street.

There is nothing happening.

Taehyung is still in his office. Not like she's waiting for him.

"Time to sleep I guess.." she whispered. The anxiousness she felt made it hard to sleep that night.

Tomorrow, she has to get ready for their company's board meeting.

... ... ...

Taehyung was surprised to see Jisoo ready so early in the morning. She looked so beautiful in her offwhite suite.

This is also the first time he saw her in the most corporate attire ever. Very chick, and bossy.

Weird how she can look soft in flowy dresses and hot in formal, tight clothes.

"Lets go." He said simply and walked out the door.

She didnt reply but followed him.

.
.
.

Jisoo hates going to the office. Especially her dad's office. Especially board meetings. Just because she think its boring.

But this time, she is required to go.

They will introduce Taehyung as her husband and new director. Her father is actually excited for this.

He always liked Taehyung. He is very happy at their decision to get married.

...

"Everyone, as you all know, Kim Taehyung finally became my son-in-law." Lee Byun Hun announced. "He will be one of the active board members from now on."

Unlike the happy weirdo Uncle Byun Hun, Taehyung was accustomed to see, he is formal and borderline scary. The oval table murmured but gave a decent clap to welcome him.

"Thank you Mr. Lee. I am looking forward to our company's future." He said simply.

Someone groaned, it was the older guy that looks like he smelled something bad.

"Is there something you want to say Mr. Baek?" Byun Hun said.

"I would like to raise a concern from some of us." He cleared his throat to further talk, "the Kims company seems to be in hot waters these past few days. We are just concern how the young man will fare with our company's image."

"And I heard he was busy with other businesses too." Someone chimed.

"All of that is true." Taehyung said. "But why would my other activities matter? I  have been part of the share holders of this company eight years ago."

The whispers grew louder. "What does that mean?"

"To put it simply, since Mr. Baek had just bought shares from 5 years ago," Taehyung said coldly, "Like Jisoo, I was just inactive. But my votes and say regarding the company are all well accounted for. You guys could all go talk to your lawyers about this."

The room got quiet.

Jisoo smiled at the shocked old geezers. "Did you guys all thought I just wanted to marry a cute guy?"

A lot of the people in the room grunted. Mostly because they realize how powerful and rich the young couple actually is.

Jisoo hates this type of people. They only care about money and how they can one up one another.

Of course her dad was no different when it comes to business. That must be the reason why she hates it.

She looks at Taehyung.