Chapter 11

He placed the coffeemaker in their little kitchen.

He is tired and annoyed. Mostly because he was dragged by Jisoo in whatever she wanted.

"Would you like a cup?" She asked excitedly.

"No.. I have to go to NXT." He said heading out the door.

"You dont have to blame yourself on what happened to the company." Jisoo said with a sigh.

He gritted his teeth.

"I'd like it if you'll keep your comments to yourself Jisoo." He replied trying to not to burst in anger. "What you know is my mother's side of the story."

He slammed the door as he leaves.

A few months ago, he was happy. He's doing his job right at their family's company and able to make games with his friends at NXT.

He has a kind girlfriend on his side who supports him and they are going strong.

He didnt notice that there were people trying to destroy their company. They looted informations, leaked projects and pirated clients.

The truth is, he noticed some problems. He was lax and was putting things off the last minute until hell broke loose.

That was his biggest regret. He could have done something and his ego was eating him up everytime he remembers  the incident.

It was the start of the storm.

Sejeong was crying for help. Her father was the main suspect as her father is the team project manager at Kim Corp.

Taehyung remembered he was sweating as he read the mountain of papers pointing to Sejeong's father. And after sometime, Sejeong's father was convicted.

But that did not end there

The board blamed him as their stocks went down.

He gave them his resignation letter but his father did not accept it. He remembered how hard his words were to him.

"You feel responsible? Then do something to make this right?

You wanted to proove yourself for so long, then this is your chance."

All he can do is accept. They did not offer him anything after that.

And the board was furious. It was exhausting facing them everytime.

He was so absorbed at working and prooving himself he felt like he's loosing it.

Sejeong left him. She was not able to get over the shame of what happened to her father.

"Your mom never liked me anyway." He remembered her saying while crying, trying to be strong.

"She was finally able to chase me away."

"I bet you'll end up marrying Jisoo." She said.

"Do that."

"You needed her money and status to get the company back up."

And thats what happened. Sort of.

They made a prenuptual aggreement stating that they will have individual finances. He never took anything from the Lee Family inspite of Uncle Hyunh Byun's offers.

He just married Jisoo because he was caught in bed.

He was cheated.

He's enraged again. The past consumes him like fire.

And yet he has this sense of responsibility to work and make things right.

He swore to get the ones who framed Sejeong's dad.

He swore to get Sejeong back after.

He swore that aftet all of this, his parents and Jisoo will never be able to touch him.

He swore to be so far away from all of their bullshits after the company was back on track.

.
.
.

"Taehyung..." Jimin called him out sweetly.

He bulged a little.

"Man, you've been sleeping for so long, we need to go home now." He said dropping the sweetness on his tone.

"Let's just leave him." Jungkook said.

"Wait.. send me the design characters.. I'll check them out later." He murmured, eyes still closed.

"We still lack the character for the witch, so maybe we'll be able to finish them in the week."

He opened his eyes as the sudden idea made him bolt straight up.

"Let's use Jisoo as the witch!" Taehyung exclaimed.

The two looked at each other.

"You meanie! Kim Taehyung I did not raise you like that!" Jimin said.

The witch character is part of the villain in their upcoming RPG game patch.

"What? She is supposed to be cunning, ruthless and selfish. It all fits Jisoo." Taehyung said with a glint of evil in his eyes.

"I'll bring her here tomorrow so that the artists could make a reference on her."

"I think thats fine. This could make noona file for divorce." Jungkook whispered to Jimin as they watch a seemingly energetic Taehyung happily stroll on the white board to write the note on his idea.

"Fine, let's give it a shot." Jimin said.

Taehyung wrote the note of Jisoo as reference character for the witch. He is so glad with his idea he even draw a very poor cartoonized Jisoo stick figure.