Chapter 17

Things She Only Knows

Jisoo noticed Taehyung's in his happy mood now. She didnt want to think too much about it.

She decided to focus all her attention to working, hoping that she'll be too tired when she gets back home.

They are back to their little place. Looking through the window, she tries to keep herself from thinking about Sejeong.

Her heart sank at the thought of Sejeong.

And without her knowing, flashbacks of the past flooded her mind...

It was the anniversary party of Taehyung's parents when she was introduced to Sejeong's family.

She is pretty and bright.

"Whoa, your ribbon.. is that Dior?" Sejeong asked Jisoo.

"Oh yes! Taehyung said he had someone make these hair accessories from Dior scarves." Jisoo said, sort of proud as she touch her ribbon.

It was a set of different sized ribbons. She always put a different one everytime.

Sejeong's eyes almost pop out, "like used Dior scarves that was recycled to be ribbons?"

"I guess..." Jisoo looked at Taehyung.

"No, I bought the scarves, then have it made into ribbons." Taehyung cleared.

"Ahh, where are your parents Jisoo?" Sejeong's mother suddenly asked.

"Oh, they're not here." Jisoo said simply.

"Where are they?" She asked with a smile.

"Daddy went to Singapore for a meeting."

"And your mom?"

"Oh, she went to America."

"Ah, I see..."

"Sejeong's dad is promoted as the Lead Project Manager at Kim Corp, while my side of the family has shares on Kim Corps' stocks." Sejeong's mom said, "We are good friends with Taehyung's parents and our dear Sejeong and Taetae are childhood friends. Isnt that right Taetae?"

"Oh yes auntie." Taehyung said with a smile.

"Taetae?" Jisoo whispered teasing at him.

Taehyung just gave her a warning look as she smirked at him.

"Sejeong, you go play with Taetae. I'll go chat with Yeon Seo." She said.

.
.
.

"Ahhh Taetae!" Sejeong said happily calling out as Jisoo and the others are playing in Taehyung's game room.

"Look!" She said showing off a Dior ribbon, almost something like Jisoo's but in a different design.

"Ah.. that looks nice." Taehyung said with a smile.

Jisoo cant put a word on what she felt.

.
.
.

"Why didnt you come to my party?" Sejeong asked.

"Well.." Jisoo said, trying to put words together, "I'm just really shy to be around other people.."

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" Sejeong asked like she was hurt.

Yes.. you and your mom.. Jisoo thought but she decided not to answer.

.
.
.

"That snob of a brat think she's better than us?" Sejeong's mother said.

Jisoo was already at the Kim's mansion when the mother and daughter arrived.

"Listen Sejeong, she has nothing but money." She said, "look at you, you are love by everyone because of you, that Jisoo is only here because she has no where to go to."

"I heard even Taehyung is required to look after her. No one sincerly cares for her. The poor thing."

"But what do you expect, she has no mother to teach her. In fact, maybe no one really loves her, thats why she has bad attitude."

"And do you know what I heard? Her mother married someone in the states! She was abandoned, and her dad would rather look after their business than take care of her!"

"Really, she doesnt fit here with the Kims. She's like a sore thumb when you guys are together since all Taetae's friends came from good families."

Those words are something that got etched in her heart.

Maybe the Kims are kind to her because they thought she is pitiful too.

All the people that surrounds the Kims are full of love.

Except for her.

No one actually loves her.

.
.
.

"And what do you know?!!" Sejeong was crying and shouting at her.

She was asking for help with Aunt Yeon Seo. She wanted Jisoo to help her convince Aunt Yeon Seo to agree on her marriage to Taehyung.

And she dont want to.

"How could you be so selfish?"

"You dont know how to love!"

"Admit it, you wanted to be part of their family didnt you? Thats why you wont help me."

"But we all know, you'll just destroy Taehyung's family."

"Anything you touch ends up in ruins. Taehyung will be misserable if he'll marry you because youre selfish like your mom!"

"You suck up all the happiness and love of people around you, because you never felt what it is to be loved! So you want everything  even the ones that is not yours."

"You know you'll never be happy. You will destroy everything, because you wanted to be loved but you know you dont deserve it!"

And Sejeong was right.

She wanted to say that Aunt Yeon Seo asked her to marry Taehyung. For the sake of the company.

But in her heart, she agrees because she really loves him. Even if he doesnt care about her.

And her selfish heart brought him so much pain.

Taehyung was misserable.

He hated her.

Her love will never be enough, because she lacks everything compare to someone like Sejeong.

Everything is her fault.

An unlovable person like her can only bring pain.

Her heart aches so much.

.
.
.

Taehyung approached his sleeping wife by the window.

"Jisoo.." he gently calls as he was surprised to see tears on her eyes.

"Soo.. wake up.."

Jisoo finally opened her eyes.

"Taehyung-ah..." she said, her voice is so sad he felt his heart hurting as well.

She reached for him in a hug as she sobs in his chest.

He held her tightly.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Taehung asked softly as he caress her hair.

In his head he kept thinking what had happened. No one reported something out of the ordinary that could possibly cause stress to Jisoo.

All he can do is hug her.

And hope that he's enough for her to feel that she's not alone.