Chapter 20

Cold Nights and Warm Hugs

"Taetae.." Sejeong said. "I know its impossible now, and I'm really thankful that you're still with me even if it seems  the odds are against me.."

Taehyung was just listening. Her voice is weak and almost like she's about to cry.

Sejeong called him to talk about the investigation for Mr. Go. But she doesnt seem to have any more information but the same thing she told him last time.

He looks at her as she sighs and looks lost in thoughts. How many times has Sejeong had cried by now? He sigh.

"So, I just wanted to say thank you." Sejeong said smiling.

He pats her head. Sejeong has always been good. She seems to always see the goodness of people and would always say the nicest things.

"If only.. your mom loved me the way she loves Jisoo.." she said.

He paused.

"Im sorry.. I was just talking nonsense." Sejeong said afterwards when he didnt react to what she was saying.

.
.
.

"Jisoo.. I dont have anything to offer."

Jisoo blankly looks at Sejeong's mom. She was amazed Sejeong's mom knew that she will be at Marrionetes Botique today.

"I dont even know why I'm here." Kim Sejeong's mother said figdeting.

"You're here to maybe ask me to divorce Taehyung?" Jisoo's cold voice send shivers to the older lady.

She really dont want to talk to her. She's sure nothing good will come out of it.

She could see Sejeong's mom bitting her tongue. She wanted to laugh.

"You could stop pretending. Taehyung never comes here and Aunt Yeon Seo is busy helping uncle." She said narrowing her eyes at her.

"You know, because of the mess your family left." Jisoo said. She has had enough of Kim Sejeong's family. Especially Mrs. Kim.

"I-I dont know.. what do you mean?" She said.

"I mean you dont have to pretend you're being humble before me, and I have other things to do, so say what you want." She said.

Mrs. Kim scoffs. Jisoo finds it funny.

"My family didnt stole anything!" Sejeong's mom said shaking.

"Funny the evidence didnt agree with you." She said with a smirk. "Sejeong's dad already got convicted."

"You heartless bitch!" Sejeong's mom said. "If I know any better, you are part of framing my husband!"

"I dont need to involve myself to any of you Mrs. Kim." She said. "I'm a snob remember?"

"Yes you are! A snob spoiled brat!"

"That's innevitable cos I dont have a mother to love me." Jisoo said coldly, "too bad I'm not Sejeong huh?"

"Its so sad Taehyung ended up with me right?" She added.

Sejeong's mother was shaking.

"That's your words right? Back when Sejeong asked for my help." Jisoo said. "Sorry I'm not sorry for being heartless."

Sejeong's mother was shocked.

"No matter what you say, I wont help you and Sejeong." Jisoo said with finality.

.
.
.

"Mom???" Sejeong said shaking as the call from her mother got cut.

"My mom.. I think she... she-she said she went to see Jisoo.. Taehyung please help me.." Sejeong said panicking.

Taehyung quickly got up as they hurriedly went to his car to go to Marrionette's Botique.

.
.
.

An ambulance and the cold night breeze made Jisoo shake.

But nothing could compare to her fear when she saw Taehyung's car parking at her shop, and Sejeong walking out of it.

"Mom!" Sejeong cried running towards the stretcher, "mommy!!"

Mrs. Kim has passed out outside Marrionete's Botique. Jisoo stands by the shop's door watching everything unfold.

Sejeong looks at Jisoo, tears rushing out her eyes.

"We have to take her now." Someone said as they take Mrs. Kim inside the ambulance, with Sejeong looking bacm at Jisoo with anger.

"Taehyung!" Sejeong cried as she hugs Taehyung for strength.

Jisoo felt her heart being crushed. She didnt want to see them together.

She didnt want to hear her say his name.

She looked away. Scared to meet Taehyung's eyes.

She's so scared of what he will say to her and what he will do to her.

Jisoo heard the ambulance sound fade away as she stay ouside standing at the cold.

She cant move. She wanted to call to Taehyung as well.

She wanted Taehyung by her side.

But she knows its impossible now.

He will be with Sejeong.

"Kim Jisoo."

She wished he will call her just as lovingly like that.

"Jisoo..."

Wait...

"Buttercup!" Taehyung said.

Jisoo looked up. Taehyung was looking concernly at her.

"You okay?" He asked caressing her face.

Is this real? Jisoo thought.

"Lisa, call Jimin, make sure no one will know about this." Taehyung said. "Also, keep this."

Jisoo just listen to Taehyung as he is giving orders to the people at her shop. She just stay silently standing.

Then she smell Taehyung's scent.

And she felt his broad chest that she would snuggle into.

And she felt the usual warmth whenever his arms are around her.

"I'm here, its ok." Taehyung said to her.