Don't you need my number for that?

Meet Maya, a successful actor by day and a huge Christmas enthusiast by night. She has been on a very popular tv series for almost 4 years now, and is one of the main characters. Definitely a fan favourite.

The character that Maya plays has everything in life, except one thing. A partner. Kind of like Maya's real life.

Maya's character was single until a month ago, whereby the show brought in an actor to play a potential new love interest.

Meet Carina, a successful and very popular actor, who puts every inch of perfection into everything she does. Originally from Sicily, she moved to the States for more work opportunities, which has certainly worked in her favour.

"She's stunning" Maya whispered to her co-star and best friend, Vic, as they watched Carina on the other side of the set.

"I can see that" Vic giggled as they collected coffee to go back to filming.

"I feel like I go like jelly when she talks to me... she looks at me with those big brown eyes and that cute smile and the sexy Italian accent" Maya sighed.

"Good job you're gonna be putting your lips on her in your scene next week" Vic winked, watching Maya begin to panic.

"I- oh no I can't... I don't even know her! I- I'm going to make a fool of myself" Maya sighed.

"Well... go and get to know her" Vic suggested, "invite her over tonight, it's Friday, have a glass of wine and run your lines with her".

"Okay... okay" Maya breathed deeply.

"Erm Maya" the two heard a voice behind them. They turned and saw Carina flashing her signature smile.

"Yeah... hi" Maya breathed out, smiling.

"Have you read the new script? Our scene is pretty big next week" Carina giggled lightly.

"Yeah I have... a little stressed about it to be honest".

"Do you want to run the lines together? Maybe this weekend?" Carina suggested.

"I was thinking the same" Maya smiled, "what about tonight?".

"Works for me" Carina grinned, "nothing too late though, I have plans tomorrow".

Maya got called to set so turned to Carina, "I'll text you my address" she said before she started to walk away.

"Don't you need my number for that?" Carina giggled.

"Right" Maya laughed nervously, "here". She handed over her phone so she could put her digits in.

And that was it, until 6pm that night, when Carina knocked on Maya's front door.

The blonde walked into the hall and opened it, "hi you're right on time" she smiled, receiving a big smile back from the Italian. Suddenly the silence was filled with barks. "Shh bubs no" Maya demanded, watching her dog go crazy. "Sorry he just gets so excited around new people" she laughed.

"It's okay" Carina smiled, crouching down to the pup, "hi baby... you're so cute" she pouted. "What's his name?" she asked as she walked inside.

"Finn... he's a cockerpoo" Maya replied. "Do you want me to take your coat?" she asked and Carina nodded, handing her a bottle of wine. "Thank you" she smiled.

"So how do you want to do this?" Maya asked, now they were both standing in the kitchen.

Carina grabbed the bottle of wine, shaking it lightly and making Maya laugh. The blonde got two wine glasses out and poured them a glass each.

"How about we tell each other about ourselves a bit and then go through the script" Maya suggested.

"Sounds good... you go first".

"Okay well... there's not much to say about me" Maya giggled, "I love my job, more than anything. My friends are my family and I love to hug. I sing all day long and dance until my feet hurt" they laughed, "A hopeless romantic and hopeless in love unfortunately" Maya giggled but Carina remained silent.

"I doubt that" Carina whispered, sipping her wine.

"I love Christmas, as you can tell by my very decorated house" Maya laughed, trying to seem unfazed by Carina's comment.

"I can see that" Carina nodded, laughing also, "my house isn't like this... I have a few things dotted around and a tree but nothing major. I'm going home for Christmas so I don't see the point" she shrugged. "The holidays here in America for me are no where near as good as they are in Sicily" she smiled.

"Tell me more" Maya smiled, filling up their wine glasses.

"I'm originally from Sicily, Catania to be exact. I moved to LA years ago to follow my dream... and apparently it's lead me here, to you" Carina flashed her smile, making the blonde blush. "Also a hopeless romantic, obviously, I'm Italian" she giggled, "unlucky in love as I seem to fall for the wrong people all the time".

"Maybe one day you'll find the right person".

Carina paused for a moment and held eye contact, "I think you might be right".

"When are you going home then?" Maya asked.

"In two weeks, I'm spending Christmas and new year with my mama, papa and my sisters".

"Ah the holidays in Italy... I'm jealous" she pouted.

"I bet" Carina smirked.

"Do you want to sit in there" Maya pointed into the lounge, "it's comfier".

"Sure" Carina smiled. They both moved rooms, with Finn following behind and sitting next to Carina on the sofa.

"You've got a fan" Maya laughed.

"He's a smart dog" Carina nodded confidently, making the blonde laugh. "So... the script".

"Yes! Should we make a start on it?".

"Mhm... so we see each other in the bar again, talk for a while, I flirt with you, you flirt with me, then it cuts to the next day when we wake up in bed, details that there was no sex but something, and then...".

"I kiss you goodbye" Maya whispered.

"Yeah" Carina replied in the same tone, looking into each other's eyes.

AN

Hi!!! Thank you so much for reading this 💛 If you have come from my stories, thank you! If you are new to my writing, thank you, thank you!

This idea came to me over the weekend as Christmas is coming up. It was originally a one shot idea, but if you know my writing, you'll know I tend to get carried away with my ideas🤣 so now it's a short story with multiple chapters.

I've always wanted to play around with the idea of Carina and Maya being actors and love interests on a show so here we are!

I hope you will enjoy it. I can promise there is a sprinkle of everything I like to include in my stories 👀🤪