Santa does come early

How fast can a whole year fly by? This fast, I can tell you. It has been a year since we witnessed the beginning of Carina and Maya's story, two actors in LA, matched purely by chance as love interests on an extremely popular tv show. Was it, however, purely by chance that they would fall in love? Well no.

Since Carina came over to Maya's house, only after meeting a few times previously, to practice their biggest scene yet, and of course they had to practice the kiss. Their first kiss. Over and over, it would seem. And then Carina decided to stay over, dressed in Maya's sleep shirt, which ended up on the floor as they spent the night practicing each other's names. Over and over. And then they got snowed in so Carina wasn't going anywhere except on Maya's sofa and out for a dog walk with her and the cutest cockerpoo you have ever seen, who goes by the name Finn. And if that wasn't enough, baking nonna's cookies and watching Christmas movies eating pizza surely did the job. So if you think about it, like reaaaaallllyyyy think about it, it's not really purely by chance is it?

But the thing is, a lot can happen in a year. Things change, people change, feelings change. And this is where we are today. Carina and Maya are not the same as they were before, and that's ok. They have excepted that. They are friends, best friends in fact. Best friends, who also happen to be madly in love.

Do you really think they would spend a year together and everything would go to shit? If you thought that I'm afraid to say you're quite silly.

"The turkey is ready!" Maya called from the kitchen, following Carina to the beautifully festive set table, placing the meat next to the variety of vegetables in the middle.

The blonde pulled out Carina's chair, pouring her a glass of red. "For you my love" she pecked her on the cheek.

They placed their napkins on their laps as they sat down, raising their glasses.

"Merry Christmas" Carina smiled.

Maya clinked her glass, "although it's not Christmas is it" she sniggered.

Nothing but silence as Carina firmly put her glass back on the table, letting out a frustrated sigh as she sat back on her chair.

"Are we going to have to go through this again?" she sighed heavily.

"What?" Maya shook her head, "I'm just saying".

"Yes and you've just said for months now. We've gone through this over and over, and you said you're fine with it. I don't need you going back on your word, this is hard enough".

"Yeah right because it's hard for you. I forgot, my mistake".

Carina slammed her knife and fork down as she stormed off upstairs, Finn quickly following behind.

"What are you doing?" Maya stood at the entrance of her bedroom, watching Carina gather her stuff.

"I'm going home".

"We have dinner all ready".

"It doesn't matter though does it? Because it's not actually Christmas".

"Carina" Maya sighed, chuckling a little.

"Stop laughing!" Carina snapped, "you're so fucking infuriating sometimes".

"Okay, okay" Maya put her hand on the Italian's arm.

"No! It's not ok!" Carina stepped back, grabbing her bag. "You don't get it! Don't you realise how hard it was choosing between Christmas with my family, who I haven't seen in forever, and my first Christmas here with you? We talked over and over about it and we both agreed me going back home was for the best, but it wasn't going to be easy. I don't need you making snide comments and laughing about it like I'm doing something wrong here".