Death

THIRD POV

It's a Friday like any other, everyone is relieved that this week is over and they can go home to relax or hang out with their friends/lovers. The streets are full of people with tired eyes but at the same time full of life for the awaited weekend that awaits them. In this crowd of people, a girl runs without stopping. After struggling past all the people she arrives at her destination and stops to catch her breath. She is a beautiful girl with milky white skin, a face slightly flushed from running, hair as black as night and magnetic onyx eyes. She looks around until her eyes fall on a boy a few years younger than her. Given the similarity, the two are clearly related.
"Xiao Chen, I'm here! Sorry for being late" The girl hugged him immediately. "Happy birthday Xiao Chen! My Little brother is all grown up" she said with teary eyes.
The boy relaxed in her arms and hugged back with a soft smile, "Ming Ming, thank you. But I'm 21, I'm not little anymore" he said.
Xu Ming looked at him and patted his head "You will always be my little brother for me, even decades from now it will never change".
"Okay, okay now let's stop be emotional and let's have fun! I waited a lot to finally be able to spend the whole day with my sister. No work, No commitments or anything. Let the fun begin! ".
The two had planned the whole day together as they do every year, even if this time it was a rather melancholy meeting. Xu Chen had finally managed to enter an Italian university and within a few days he would move there to study. Normally already because of Xiao Chen's study and the non-stop work that Xu Ming had to do to support both of them, they saw each other little but despite this they loved each other very dearly (a siblings love!).
In the late afternoon, while walking, Xu Ming's gaze is captured by the sign of an "Unforgettable Memories" shop, and thinking that the sign was suitable for the occasion, she turns to her brother with puppy eyes to convince him to enter the store together. The poor boy when he saw this, wondered for the umpteenth time if it really was him between the two the younger sibling. "Okay, okay, there we go" Said him raising his hands. The shop was nicely decorated and walking into it made you think 'it feels like home'. It was a photo shop, where the chosen photo could be printed on pillows, mugs, puzzles, and the idea seemed perfect to the two siblings.
After choosing two cups and the photo to print, armed men enter the store shouting and threatening customers.
Xu Ming's blood froze. As the robbers made them lie down on the ground, taking all their valuables and money, Xu Ming prayed that her and her little brother could get out of this situation alive. Unfortunately nothing goes as it should, and one of the sadistic thieves notices Xiao Chen and pointing a gun at him yells with an evil smirk "I'll show you what happens if you don't do as we say".

At that moment Xu Ming acted on impulse and rushed at the thief trying to stop him. A couple of shots were heard and everything went black for Xu Ming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xiao in chinese means little

Did you like this chapter? Tell me your opinion <3