Cold

The sun is warm against my back, feeling the slight burn that can soothe sadness away. It's that same feeling of your skin tightening before a cold shower and a late afternoon nap, exhausted from the summer heat. Soft music plays through my earbuds, canceling any unwanted noise out, including my intrusive thoughts. I hum in happiness as I keep my eyes closed, feeling at complete peace despite the lounging chair squishing my boobs flat. For this mansion to be loaded with anything I can think of, innovative chairs that consider people with breasts would be nice.

It has been four months since everything unfolded. It has been a stressful four months with all of the changes unfolding in life and finding a way to navigate them. Kylo has been more distant than usual but he promises it is strictly business causing the distance. On the bright side, I have been attending meetings with him and slowly getting back into the groove of life without him flipping shit when I ask to leave the condominium. Clyde is still glued to my hip every time I step out of this building but he has grown on me and I shockingly prefer him there. Him intruding on my personal space took a while to adjust, but now he is like an emotional support dog, guiding me through shopping trips and business lunches. I squint past the sun to not see Clyde anywhere in sight, but he must be somewhere on grounds. Knowing him, he is running another ground check to make sure it is safe here. As if it wasn't safe thirty minutes ago.

I have been thriving despite everything and I have grown an unhealthy attachment to my men, but I have no regrets about it. They are my family and I have never been safer despite the target on us. Thinking of that, the retaliation Kylo was so scared of has yet been encountered. I think that is what has him on edge lately. It is too calm. No word of the Ricci family, screwed up business trades... nothing.

My peace is obliterated by a hard smack on my ass, causing me to jerk out my headphones. I gasp and turn my head to see who the culprit is. Vicrul blocks the sun from my face as he stands next to me, raking his eyes over my backside.

Vicrul's eyes pause on my ass, "I think you need to re-apply your sunscreen, little one."

I push myself up and flip to lay on my back now, "You just applied it fifteen minutes ago."

His eyes rake over my front now, "You allow me to protect you from bullets but refuse my protection from the sun? What nonsense, little one."

My smirk carries from him as I glance over to Kylo's pool which is roughly twenty feet in front of me. Kuruk and Cardo lean on the edge in the pool while smoking cigars and drinking whatever liquor of the day. Ushar lounges under an umbrella with his laptop on the table in front of him. Lastly, Trudgen is currently working out off to the side. He is actively switching between jump rope and light weights. I watch his shirtless torso flex with every dip of weight.

Vicrul shakes his head with force, making the wetness from his hair fall on top of me.

I squint back up at him after he remains standing there, "You are no better than a wet dog. May I help you, Vic?"

His smile is devious as he nods, "Sunscreen me, babe."

"So, you wish to stay this pale? This is an active choice?" I taunt him.

Vic grabs the bottle of sunscreen, "I enjoy the look of near death on my skin. It makes me look more sinister in the dark, on top of whoever is under me."

My cheeks flush but I don't show it, "And who is that poor unfortunate soul?"

His eyes heat while he looks down at me, "She wasn't unfortunate all those months ago."

I pull at my lip with my teeth, remembering back to when Vicrul made me ride his face. He sees the look in my eyes as I hold his stare, pleasurably recalling the memory. My stomach flutters at the way he is smirking, knowing exactly what is happening in my head.