000

A LITTLE INSANE.
Chapter one

Wildly harsh winds and frigid drizzles blew through the air, sinking into her dark strands of hair and nipping at the warm skin of her nose, leaving it crisp and blushed. Petrichor drifted through the air, giving the ambiance a loamy aroma.

Alice opened her umbrella, grasping it tightly with both hands as it quelled the heavy rain. Fallen leaves clung to the bottom of her rain boots as she walked.

She looked at her wrist, perhaps hoping to see that particular sparkly silver piece of jewelry. It was a bracelet. The bracelet her parents had gifted to her before dropping her off at Nevermore this year. It was missing—well, in more tangible words...she lost it. Retracing steps didn't seem to help her, and neither did asking her friends.

While being gifted the small, yet costly piece of jewelry, her parents told her how difficult it was to find the perfect one. They told her that not just any bracelet could compliment their daughter faultlessly. Yes, they were a tad bit dramatic, but that's why Alice loved them.

That was her entire reason for wanting to take a walk. Alice couldn't help but feel guilty, the remorse was streaming through her body like blood. She hoped someone picked it up for her—perhaps they were planning to return it. Alice only wanted to think of the positive scenarios, not the worst-case ones. As she stopped walking, her eyes scanned the scenery around her.

She loved Nevermore. There was something so adoring about the eerie architecture that hid peculiar children behind its walls, she could get lost in its ancient panorama for hours. She let out a gentle breath fully taking in and appreciating the silence.

Splat.

She jumped at the sound, turning around very slowly, and very carefully.